Recently diagnosed :Lobular cancer

Hi everybody

So I’m new to the world of cancer. I’m 39 and noticed a slight change in my R breast in April. Fast forward and I was diagnosed with lobular cancer with a large area of DCIS (low grade). The mass on contrast MRI measured 12cm. I had a Right mastectomy last Friday with full axillary clearance as my nodes were C5. I’ve been coping well emotionally until today. I’m absolutely terrified of finding out my staging next Thursday. I can’t think of anything else but the worst possible prognosis. The not knowing is making me ill. So much so that I’m going to ask my GP for something to chill me out.
Apparently lobular cancer is rare at my age but until a full cytology report is back I don’t know the outlook. I do know that I will be starting aggressive chemo ASAP.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys a little better and helping each other.

J

Hello JTJ

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you.

As well as the support you will receive on the forums we also have a free helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Hope it’s good news for you next Thursday J, Thursday is my op day so a big day for both of us, hopefully a good day for both of us too ;) … I am very new to this but there is lots of helpful advice here

Thank you. Good luck with your surgery.

The waiting is killing me. There is nothing I can do but sit it out and hope.