cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed and also have fibromyalgia

9 REPLIES 9
Sal60

Re: Recently diagnosed and also have fibromyalgia

Only just seen your post from November as i've not been on the forum for months, apologies for not responding sooner. Hope you're ok.

The 15 radiotherapy sessions went smoothly enough.  I got burnt in a couple of places but the skin stayed intact and pure Aloe Vera gel was very helpful.  The nurses tell you to only use the cream you're given but I found no problems with the gel because it was pure.  (no liquid paraffin!).

Drove myself to & from all but the last couple of appointments when my husband took me as I was feeling the strain.

Now on Aromatase Inhibitors and that's another story entirely!

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm sorry to hear you have the added complications too, and sincerely wish you luck with your treatment.  So far you are the only person who's posted with similar problems to mine, and I do hope we'll be able to help each other.  I'm seeing the consultant today for my pre-op consultation, and hopefully a date to get on with the surgery.  Not that I want the surgery, I just want to get rid of the lump as soon as possible!!  I've been told I'll have radiotherapy 6 weeks after the surgery.  Good luck, look forward to hearing from you, and I'll post too as I go along.

Sal60

I also have fibromyalgia as part of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm due to have Radiotherapy in a few weeks to breast and underarm. I'll post about any effects I feel it is having.
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for your comments.  Good luck to you with your treatment.

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks, and good luck to you too.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi. Thank you for your reply.  I sincerely wish you the best of everything with your chemo.  I am fortunate to have been told I will 'only' need radiotherapy, but am concerned enough about that, especially with the complications of other health issues.  Good luck to you.

Tracy1967

Hi mystical unicorn, so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I was diagnosed back in late September with invasive lobular cancer and underwent a bilateral mastectomy ( by choice). I don't have fibromyalgia but I do have early stage RA and had been taking methatrexate. Like the others but Stopped this 6 weeks ago before surgery and touch wood RA has stayed under control. I will be starting chemo on the 29th November and won't start the methatrexate unless I need this when chemo finishes in march 2014.
poemsgalore

I too was on Methotrexate injections because of RA. I stopped it one week before chemo began. The chemo drugs affect your immune system so I didn't have any RA symptoms throughout treatment. I also have a lung disease (Bronchiectasis). During surgery (MX) they performed a bronchoscopy to clear my lungs, and I was given prophylactic anti biotics during treatment to keep worst symptoms of lung disease for bothering me. Both are now back!! Woman Frustrated

Good luck.

poemsgalore xx

Jonamo

Sorry to find yourself here. I have grade 2 IDC, 2cm and 3cm tumours. I don't have fibromyalgia but I do suffer from an autoimmune disease, Ankylosing Spondylitis. At the moment my AS symptoms are managed but I have had to stop methotrexate due to surgery I had and will stay off whilst I have chemotherapy. I did have a massive 9month flare that started last September, I do wonder if that was my body's reaction to the cancer growing....but it is all speculation. Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope your fibromyalgia stays under control and you must look at the positives that you have caught your cancer very early.
Good luck and I hope you get the answers you are looking for.
A x
Guest user
Not applicable

Recently diagnosed and also have fibromyalgia

Hi. I have been diagnosed this week with stage 1b breast cancer following the results of my biopsy, and am awaiting a date to go into hospital and have the lump removed.  But I also have fibromyalgia and would be really interested to hear from anyone in the same position as me, or maybe further along with treatment.  Have you had radiotherapy?  How did it affect your fibromyalgia?