cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed and told Hers2 positive

6 REPLIES 6
Petal88

Re: Recently diagnosed and told Hers2 positive

Hi Jackie, after a long time! Apologies for not following up but I got side tracked into posting on the December Angels once I started chemo. How have you been? I have had all 6 cycles of Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin and am due for my lumpectomy this week then radiotherapy. Now having the Herceptin as injections. Hope you are coping. It seems never ending, doesn't it?
Grannyjacks

Hi Petal88. The pain was tension based after all. I found using a heat gel pack (the one that goes in the microwave) great and after using it for a couple of nights the pain just went. I read that if you put heat into muscles they can't hold on to tension. I'm so sorry that you've been told that the cancer has spread. Does that mean its in your lymph nodes? I had a lumpectomy and SNB on 4th December and all went well and the lymph nodes are clear. I got my treatment plan today and start chemo on 10th Jan. I've to get Herceptin for a year. I've also to get Radiotherapy after the chemo for 4 weeks and will have to take hormone tablets for 5 years. Although it seems a like a lot of treatment, I feel much less stress now that I know what's happening. I'm sorry you're going through so much and hope all goes well with the scans. It is a nightmare waiting for results but keep positive and keep posting. Let us know how you get on.. Sending a great big hug your way...Jackie xxx
Petal88

Hi Grannyjacks, I'm HER2positive, too and I also have chest ache going through to my back and my mind won't stop going over it and wondering if it has gone to my lungs as I'm breathless.... I am pinning hopes on it being panic and not the cancer. How are you getting on? I find listening to the radio helps but the panic is still there. I was diagnosed in October with slow growing cancer that hadn't spread, then was told, after 3 biopsies and a metal coil inserted under ultrasound, that is has spread after all and my op has been cancelled so I can have Herceptin and chemo first (starts Wednesday) but I am to have a CT scan in case the cancer has spread further than they thought. What a nightmare, waiting for it all. Hope they tell me soon but will dread the results. Let us know if your pains are tension based, won't you?
Grannyjacks

Hello Dawn. Thank you for posting a reply for me. I found it really comforting to know that you have got through so much and that herceptin has been so effective. You have encouraged me to get through this and stop my imagination running riot with the "what ifs". I will mention my pains to the BCN tomorrow when I go for my pre-op. but I think it probably is just tension. I've not been told of any planned bone scans but I'll ask tomorrow. Take Care. x
dawnhc

Hi grannyjacks,

I'm not at such an early stage as you are, but I was drawn to your post by the mention of her2 positive. I was diagnosed way back in 1990 and with secondaries in 2002 and have been on herceptin since 2004. It wasn't around at the time of my original diagnosis! but has been a lifesaver for me these many years. Have you mentioned to your oncologist that you have these pains in your upper and lower back? If not I think you would be wise to do so and they should do a bone scan. It maybe that you have done so and already have scans planned as part of the usual baseline scans to get an overall picture of what is happening in your body. It's an awful lot to take in when we are first diagnosed and I hope you will find it a help joining in the relevant parts of the forum.

Dawn

xx

Janet_BCC

Dear Grannyjacks

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time.  I'm sure other members will soon be along to offer some support.

You might also find it helpful to give our helpline a call to talk things over.  They can offer practical information and emotional support.  Calls are free and confidential.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Grannyjacks

Recently diagnosed and told Hers2 positive

Hello everyone. I was told just last week that The lump I found was cancer. What an emotional roller coaster ride since. I've been told now that the cancer is Estrogen receptive and HERS2 positive so having lumpectomy this coming Wednesday then chemo then radium, hormone and Herceptin for a year. Has anyone else had this? I've also been having pain in my upper and lower back and my imagination at times is running riot! Does the tension give you these aches and pains? Grateful for any advice. x