71718members
376195posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed at 32,going through fertility treatment, HER2+ - has anyone HER2+ gone on to have children after treatment?

4 REPLIES 4
millymolly_m

Re: Recently diagnosed at 32,going through fertility treatment, HER2+ - has anyone HER2+ gone on to have children after treatment?

Hope you're doing ok BlueRose. We started together I think, althought I'm an oldie (52). Just had TAX 1 and hanging in there.
Hugs to you, thinking of you and praying hard for your future plans.
Mandy x
BlueRose

Re: Recently diagnosed at 32,going through fertility treatment, HER2+ - has anyone HER2+ gone on to have children after treatment?

Hi Jill,
I am 33 and was diagnosed in October. I had mx and am Her2+ and am currently undergoing chemo. I am having monthly Zoladex injections to "put my ovaries to sleep" until after chemo is finished, which hopefully means that they will then wake up and be working again. I think the injections raise your chance of remaining fertile from 40 percent to 80 percent (or thereabouts). I went to a Younger Womens Forum put on by BreastCancerCare and there was a talk on fertility that I found very useful. If you get the chance to go to one of these events, I would highly recommend it. I also got to meet a lot of other younger women going through the same things.
If you want to talk about anything, please feel free to message me.
All the best,
BlueRose
Netty_E

just bumping you up, i hope someone shares their story with you
all the best
Netty
Jo_BCC

Hi Sunshine Paroles,

I have put for you below links to 3 of BCC's publications which you may find helpful. For more information and added support please do give our helpline a ring, the staff are here to support you. 0808 800 6000, lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-during-pregna...

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/fertility-issues-breast-canc...

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/younger-women-breast-cancer...

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

sunshine_parol

Recently diagnosed at 32,going through fertility treatment, HER2+ - has anyone HER2+ gone on to have children after treatment?

Hi All,
we were just starting to try for a baby when I was diagnosed with IDC, grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+! Had MX, ANC and now going through fertility treatment whilst I wait to see onc!
Would love to hear from any ladies who have had children after chemo, rads, Herceptin treatment? At the moment I'm clinging to this thought and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!:-)
lotsa love
Jill