69.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed.......feeling hopeful!

7 REPLIES 7
bettymoo

Re: Recently diagnosed.......feeling hopeful!

Hi All

Had an awesome weekend in Nottingham, just what my partner and I needed - to get away from it all and see some mates, relax and not worry about anything for a few days!

Well, I went to the hospital Monday, expecting to have the PICC line put in, but it was only for an assessment and to be booked in for treatment!! The Doctor I saw last week was a bit misleading with his information and the nurse said we weren't the only ones to come in thinking we would be having the PICC line put in there and then.

Did however have a proper chat with the nurse, work out when my dates for treatment will be and when I will definetly be getting the line in - that's on the 12th and thats when my treatment starts! Also going to learn how to inject myself with a booster shot 5 days after each treatment - as well as seeing a district nurse every week to flush my line through - so much to do, but at least its a proper start now, and I was told that towards the 4th or 5th treatment, I should be referred to Radiology - not sure if this is normal or not, I'm guessing it is?!

And I have an end date, so I can aim to be feeling a bit better for then, as we have a weekend festival to go to a week after I finish it - wasn't looking forward to going with a line in, so that should be out by then as well - yay!!

And, I can sleep on my front again - my armpit doesn't pull now when I stretch, so back to comfy sleeping 🙂

Hope everyones feeling as good as they can x

wax2014

Betty Moo , So glad you've had some good news and that you are keeping sooo positive. Reading your post has pulled me out of a 'sad sob' moment, which I thought I'd gotten over and were behind me !!  But as my mx looms on satrurday the tears seem to have started again not helped by having to sit with the happy expectant mums this morning when I had my bloods done as they had the anti natal clinic in the same place....I just keep thinking about my daughter..

I'll take a leaf out of your book & pick myself up, good luck for Monday..

Take care all , Hugs WAX  xxx

bettymoo

Hi All

Well, I had my first Oncology appointment yesterday and also got my results from my SLNB on Friday - they're clear!! Which is great, one less thing to worry about - but on the other hand, they did tell me the results of the MRI I had, and said there is a 3rd tumour, but they're all in the same area - so now, there is talk of a possible masectomy once I've completed chemo.

I go in on Monday to have the PICC put in, and then I'll be on FEC-T for I think, a 16 week course - also going to try the Ice Scalp hat, see if that works, but I am getting my hair cut shorter today, in preparation.

Have noticed already that my nails are in poor condition, peeling and breaking very easily - they're my pride and joy - I know it sounds sad, but I feel more upset about losing them at the moment - but at least my Dr recommended I paint them dark colours (Can do that quite easily 🙂 )

Other than that, things are going good - my wound is healing well apaprently after 6 days and the dressing came off yesterday - just trying not to itch it though 🙂

I'm off to Nottingham for the weekend, go and see a band - make the msot of semi being able to jump around like a loon for a while (I'm 32, I need to do this now and again - next tim will bei n July, and I WILL feel good for that!!)

Thanks again all

Good luck and I'll be back on Monday after I've had my PICC put in x

EAM28

Hi bettymoo,  This was great to read and kinda how i feel too!  I was diagnose end of jan14 and yes me and my husband where just stunned (even though it had been in the back of my mind before xmas).  No one wants to hear 'that word' do they?!  But you cant change it so best to keep positive and keep going strong.  Taking each step as it comes xxx

angiepops

hi bettymoo

i was dx a year ago, i'm now all done and dusted, back at work full time, back to near normal and the future is bright.

good luck, keep well

angie xx

poemsgalore

Hi bettymoo

What a lovely, upbeat post. I'm very sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but with your positive attitude I don't think you will have any problems with your treatment. I hope all goes well for you, and I'm sure that other newly diagnosed members who read your post will be reassured by it.

Hugs and best wishes

poemsgalore xx

Lucy_BCC

Hi bettymoo and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will find here, our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 so please feel free to call

You may find the following link to further support ideas and information from BCC helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

bettymoo

Recently diagnosed.......feeling hopeful!

Hi All

I was diagnosed with having 2 tumours 2 weeks ago - 1 at Grade 3, and 1 at Grade 2 and since then the hospital has been brilliant! I've had an MRI, a bone scan, Mammogram, Ultrasound and I had a Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy on Friday and am currently off work recovering from this (Can't lift anything at work, so not allowed to go in!) - I have my first Oncology appointment on Wednesday which I'm actually looking forward to and then on the 18th I have a CT Scan.

I'm glad I didn't ignore the lump I found, I thought I'd just over-exerted myself doing jumping jacks, thought the sports bra I had wasn't doing its job properly!

I do feel much more positive now, when they first told my partner and I, we just went to pieces, but I think now we've accepted it - no point in being down and miserable, its not going to help either of us - yes I know we both may have down days, but we're both there to support each other, and he has been amazing - I really think this has bought us, and our families closer together!

I know this is a bit random, but I just felt I needed to write this all down - I have told people that I have it, but its nice to be able to speak to people who are going through something similar.

Thanks for listening 🙂 xx