cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed with BC grade 3

13 REPLIES 13
Jobey68

Re: Recently diagnosed with BC grade 3

Hi Jill, are you having your op tomorrow ? Just wanted to wish you good luck and reassure you that they won't butcher you! It's not so bad and I've only got a scar above my nipple and under arm from nodes, it still looks like a boob 😉. Xxx Jo
Jill1998
Community Champion

Very hard being responsible for upsetting others through no fault of our own . Hope you feel better after op at least one thing out of the way.
K70

Thank you! Told my daughter Friday and she totally freaked out and sobbed,, I managed to calm her down and she seems ok now but will have to wait until tomorrow to see if she is coping. Im glad your feeling better after seeing your surgeon xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck tomorrow with op.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Felt a lot better as she was really reassuring and so matter of fact.Glad to just get on with it,waiting is very hard.How are you ?I still haven't told my son but have now told my brother .Telling people closest to you is the hardest thing .
K70

Hi Jill, how did everything go with the Surgeon?
missmore

Jill he's not going to butcher you, he's gonna help you get on with the rest of your fabulous life x
K70

im the same I feel normal then BAM, will I be normal ever again, and I know they say its not a death sentence anymore but I cant help feeling it is sometimes. I will always be looking over my shoulder so to speak. Good luck for tomorrow 🙂
Jill1998
Community Champion

It does get more real and also less scary as time goes on, but I have moments of sheer panic and terror still.Also times when I feel almost normal!Which I couldn't imagine 2 weeks ago.I am seeing surgeon who is going to butcher my breast tomorrow am. Eek.

K70

Thank you all for your reply, it makes things easier knowing there is help and understanding on these sites. It makes everything seem so much more desperate when you have children, I also think it will start to feel a lot more real once I tell my daughter xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi I have also recently been diagnosed.I haven't told my son yet as he is in the middle of his exams.You just want to protect them from horrible things in life you don't want to be the cause of upset and worry very hard.People on here understand.Think I am starting g to come to terms 2 weeks after diagnosis at times you just sleep walk through it as you are in shock .Keep in touch you are not on your own in this.
sazza38

Hi
Sorry to hear you've found you way here with us.
I'm grade 3 haven't used the c word to my eldest - didn't want to frighten him.
You'll get a lot of support from this page and theirs a link on here for a publication called mummy's lump which is great for explain what's happening to kids xx
missmore

Hi k70

no need for brave faces here a few of us have a rant or a moan or a bloody good cry you will have good days and bad days it normal. I suppose when you tell your seven year old it's gonna be hard. I know it's a bit different, my son is 22 and that felt like the hardest thing I had ever had to do. But your kids surprise you all the time.  Deep breath and be brave x I have had my lumpectomy, 25may and I am now waiting for the results hopefully on 18th June

will add you to friends and am here for you

huge hug

sheena xx

K70

Recently diagnosed with BC grade 3

Hi all, just registered for this forum and was shocked to see the number of us being diagnosed with cancer, it's awful. I was diagnosed on the 18th May and my op is next Tuesday, I have been ok but as the time gets nearer I'm getting moe and more anxious. I saw my assigned breast care nurse yesterday who asked 0-10 what anxiety was I at, I replied 5 and she said I was putting on a brave face and she didn't think I had accepted it, I then just burst into tears I thought I was coping well obviously not. Friday is when I tell my 7yr old I have cancer...it's going to be a long weekend. I hope you all have a peaceful one x