cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed with Dcis

3 REPLIES 3
Lind50

Re: Recently diagnosed with Dcis

Well been back to see my consultant today, went last week and they told me that my case was going to be discussed again the following day. Received a phone call Friday night from nurse who told me the outcome was they aren't going to operate but monitor me with yearly mammograms only, she made a appointment for today. The reasons for the big change were explained well they feel they managed to remove enough from my earlier wle. Well my rollacoaster ride has come to a more even journey, everyone keeps telling me this is good news but I'm not there yet it going to take some time. You lovely ladies out there have had to put up with a lot more than me and I'm going to learn from your positive outlook and put the last few months behind me thank you to everyone on this forum who helped me when I felt all alone .
pinky3

Hello lind50

I also have Dcis, though I have been offered a mastectomy due to previous surgical margins not being clear. I assume this is why you have been offered therapeutic mammoplasty? Has the surgeon also offered surgery to your other breast to ensure you end up with similar cup sizes? I understand this procedure is offered to ladies with a larger bust, and that it is not a procedure done in all nhs trusts.  Hopefully there will be another forum user who has already had this type of surgery and can offer some support. If you are struggling with deciding whether or not to go ahead it might be worth speaking to your breast care nurse, they can go through any options again with you at a more relaxed pace.

Janet_BCC

Dear Lind50

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  While you are waiting for other members to respond, I thought our factsheet on DCIS might be useful.  I've attached a link:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/bcc39__dcis_factsheet_2012_web.pdf

Very  best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Lind50

Recently diagnosed with Dcis

Hello everyone I've been reading this forum since my first biopsy it has helped a lot knowing there is light at the end. Went for my first breast screening and just waited for results when letter arrived didn't think too much of it even when they wanted to see me next day. Got a shock when they did repeat mammogram, ultrasound and first biopsy went 2weeks later for results only too be told to come back in 2 days for a further biopsy. Went for these results only to be told they need a larger sampler to get a diagnoses so next step was a wire excision biopsy. Well this went well and I got my results it's Dcis . My consultant wants to do a therapeutic mammaplasty the area to be removed is upto 8 cm , it's scary thinking about it has anyone been through the same thing and can help in any way thanks