Recently diagnosed with breast cancer

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer well 3 days before xmas which was a real downer, not that i suppose it could come about at any better time i don’t suppose!!! I have am having chemotherapy first i have just had epirubicin and c yclophosphamide for 3 cycles now i am to change to taxotere (3 cycles) and herception for 12 months my choice i was offered either 6 months or 12 months and decided to opt for 12 months as i feel i want to give myself every chance i possibly can I am HER2 which has absolutely scared the hell out of me and i am 37 and am told cancer can be more aggressive in younger woman i just feel like sometimes all odds are stacked against me! my tumour is a long thin one 5 x 2 cm which sounds very large to me but at the moment i don’t know if it is attached to my chest wall or anything also don’t know my lymph involvement, after all my chemotherapy i will be meeting with the surgeon to discuss lumpectomy or mascetomy, really i am just wandering if there is anybody out there who is going through a similar way of treatment as i am. i am also a grade 2 but have not been told my stage as yet, i presume i will be told that after my surgery and lymph nodes have been checked i presume, i#m sorting getting to that stage where i don’t feel like i can cope with anymore information so just have got to point where i stop asking too many question as i just come home and mull over it for weeks and weeks till my next appointment, sometimes it is hard to know which way to tackle, i have two small boys one is 2½ and the other is 15 weeks and it is while i was pregnant first noticed that there was something wrong with my boob but nothing could be done as nothing was showing up on my mammogram as my breasts were so dense. Do hope there is someone out there in a similar position to me re treatment etc. who i could have a chat with it is a very isolating position to find yourself in. Hope to hear from someone soon. x

Hi Dicky,
So sorry you find yourself here but you will get lots of support. It must be very hard with having the little ones as well, particularly your baby. You are defintely not alone but it can be really isolating.
There are quite a few younger women with babies on the site also, some of whom have gone through the treatment already. I wss diagnosed aged 40 (14th Oct) and have just finished FECT. Like you I have a large grade 2 tumour ( 5cm plus DCIS). I will be having a mastectomy and clearance next month followed by radiotherapy and tamoxifen.
There are quite a few chemotherapy threads and people are always welcoming new posters. There are also threads for HER+ for younger women.
Do ring the helpline as well. They can put you in touch with a peer counsellor who can help if you need someone to talk to. I’ve used the helpline quite a bit and they have been brilliant.
Thinking of you and you are not alone.
Sending hugs,
Sue