Recently diagnosed with triple negative BC and also have an anxiety disorder

hi, I have been recently diagnosed with triple negative Breast cancer, I have had a lumpectomy and my lymph nodes were clear. I also suffer with anxiety and am really struggling with trying to start chemo. Had to cancel my first appointment yesterday due to panic. Anyone in a similar situation???

Oh dear, you poor thing! You have done very well so far, having the lumpectomy and although it’s a nuisance being triple negative, it’s good that your nodes were clear.

Have you had any therapy to help with your anxiety? If not, you should see your GP and see about getting some to help along the way. Also try the Head Space app, my daughter is anxious and finds that helps.

I go between feeling sad and a bit bitter about being diagnosed (still waiting for my lumpectomy etc) but don’t feel particularly anxious about it but I am sure many people do. You should be able to get suitable support to help you tackle the chemo, once it’s under way, I’m sure you will manage. Make sure you GP and/or your Breast Nurse knows how you are feeling.

Amanda x

Hi lovely what treatment are you going to have? There is a going through treatment and it’s chemo August 2015, we are all starting chemo. I started last weds and I’ve been ok. You are not on your own we can all help and support each other. Big hugs to you xxxxxxxx

Hi rik I had my first FEC on weds I’ve been out for lunch today. But I have also been prescribed a low dose of diazepam which has helped me with anxiety and I took it the morning of my first treatment. I hope this helps as I’m was very anxious about and still am in parts but I’m thinking the quicker I do it the quicker it will be over with hope you can get something to help really soon xxxxxxx

<Empty imported post>

Hi my name is Trish I’m on two my 4 chemo it’s not that bad trie not two put it of u will b fine xxxx