1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed

WhyteFawn

Re: Recently diagnosed

Helena, can I borrow the tough pants for next Thursday when I get my test results please. Wash them first girls please 😊

Cassie x
ladybowler
Community Champion

Runnerbean and Jencat

THis is the most difficult time waiting for your results and I honestly think it does get better once you have them as you will have a treatment plan so you know what is happening and when.  I found it particularly helpful when speaking with family and friend as I was able to reassure them that it was treatable and I would be the other side of it all before they knew it.

I am sending you both the tough pants and remember we are all in the pockets with you on Monday and Tuesday.

Helena  xxx

tough pants.jpg

Jencat

Thank you Runnerbean and fingers crossed for you too. I think from what everyone says, that waiting for test results is the worst part.

I hope you manage to have a nice weekend xx

Runnerbean

I hope it does get easier before I drive myself completely crazy! It feels like all we do is wait around for various test results. I am going to try and enjoy the weekend and then fingers crossed for good news for us both next week xx
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Runnerbean,

It's quite normal what you're feeling.  Honestly, until your treatment plan is in place, the mind goes into overdrive trying to fill in the gaps. It does settle down when you know where you are with it all, this stage does not last. 

ann x

Jencat

Everyone does say that it gets easier once they've got a treatment plan in place xx

Jencat

Runnerbean, I understand exactly how you're feeling. I've had my op results and waiting for scan results on Tuesday. Like you my mind is going into overdrive and thinking worst scenarios. I find I'm analysing every ache and pain, but I think lots of people do that. Thinking of you xx

Runnerbean

I have my appointment on Monday for the results from the lumpectomy and sentinel node. Although I have already been told that it's stage 2 I am driving myself crazy thinking they will tell me actually it's much worse than they first thought. I'm trying to keep busy but when I find myself on my own my mind goes into overdrive. I'm guessing this is normal and I hope I will calm down once I get my treatment plan in place.
Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Runnerbean, congratulations on how swiftly your diagnosis and treatment has happened. You've got rid of your Mr. Blobby. If your lymph nodes show signs of cancer then it means they have done their job. They are your knights in shining armour preventing the disease spreading . I had 7/15 LN showing signs after a full excision, and it hasn't spread. CT scan with contrast was clear . My lovely consultant was so pragmatic and upbeat that I had great confidence in getting sorted . So, it's BC, but if you have to have cancer then that's the one to have. If its Ductal that's a bit of a plus, too apparently. It's so treatable these days, and the success rates are very high. I would say take one day at a time. Im sure its your turn to be supported by your family and loved ones. Let them treasure you at this time in your life, and remember it's good to talk. Best wishes. X 🍀

CherryBakewell

Hi Runnerbean

Welcome to the forum!!! I haven't really any miraculous words of wisdom to impart and I know how excrutiating the waiting is, so my only advice is to keep as busy as possible. Not sure how I'd have got through the wait to find out if it was cancer or not if I hadn't been really preoccupied with work. That for me was the absolute hardest part. Now I know it is cancer I feel less anxious somehow - now the focus is on getting myself better and getting through the treatment in one piece xx

Jencat

Yes, that's the problem and I'd feel more reassured if they'd been right about my lymph nodes being clear xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

You can't help but have that element doubt when they send you for scans even if they say it's only a precaution .
Jencat

I know Jill, I'm finding it difficult to think of anything else. I was okish until the consultant wanted me to have the scans, which I know are for my own benefit really and he did say they were only precautionary xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

The waiting is very hard - if only they could get the plans together more quickly .
Jencat

Next Tuesday! I must be feeling anxious cause I even dreamt about having a test last night (a made up one, but it felt very real!) and woke up with a start! xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Jencat when will go find out your plan?
Jencat

I haven't got my treatment plan yet either Runnerbean, but everyone says it does get easier once you do xx

Runnerbean

I'm going to log on this morning and do a bit of work. Hopefully it will take my mind off things for a while. I am a bit of a control freak so it's the not knowing that bothers me. Hopefully once I have my treatment plan I will feel more positive. Thank you all for your support, I'm sorry we all have to go through this but it helps to know your not alone
rosietd

That should have said say, not ay!

This flippin' computer cannot spell .....

rosietd

Waiting is definitely the hardest bit. I am busy with work, so that proves to be a very useful distraction. Other than that, try to limit the Googling. I am one of those peopl who wants to understand what I am up against and I am sure you are the same - but there is a LOT of info out there which could and does freak you out - so limit the Google to what is relevant right now. Easy to ay, harder to do!

xxx

Debbie61

Hi Runnerbean! Hi I'm sure you're husband and family will know that you're not fine! You're in a horrible time - waiting for results is the worst! But you will get through it. I'm a year post mastectomy now and last year feels like a nightmare! Whatever your results are they can be successfully treated. You'll get your head round it and feel a bit better when you get your treatment plan. Then one day at a time. Sending hugs. Debbie x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Runnerbean ,welcome .Sounds like your nurse has given you good news so far and hopefully when you have your post op appointment - you will get a very straight forward treatment plan and you will be able to move forward .The anxious waiting is very hard and hard to let's those closest to us how we are really feeling -we just want to protect them from our worst fears don't we.Lots of support and advice here .
Runnerbean

Recently diagnosed

I have been recently diagnosed with what they think is stage 2 ductal. Everything has happened so quickly I think it's only now sinking in. I had an appointment at the breast clinic for a mammogram and ultrasound as I found a lump and they pretty much told me before the biopsy it was cancer. I got the confirmation 2 days later and had a lumpectomy and sentinel node 5 days after that which was last Wednesday. I won't get my results till Monday and I'm really worried about what they will tell me. The nurse has called me to say I am ER positive and HER2 negative which she says is good. It's really difficult to pretend I'm fine with my husband and family when I am really struggling. Does anyone have any advice on getting through the next few days?