69838members
367083posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed

Re: Recently diagnosed

Hi denny. Xx its a circus alright.  Ive got friends here with both options, amazing how much they know about this for treatments. 

Hang out with us, we're all leaning on each other too.

Xxx hugs

Sandie

Ooo good stuff judi!  You sound heaps better.  Xx 

Glad they said something that made sense, makes all the differance. 

I finally got appointments for both chemo onc and radiation onc. Next tues chemo meeting snd 2nd gor radiation.  We're on our way

That trial sounds interesting. ?..

Hugs

Sandie

Gazzlyn...goodluck and hugs for tommorow lovely Xx Rachel

Hi Judi...glad you are getting everything sorted now and a plan for your treatment...are you feeling okay in yourself,how's your wounds?Love Rachel Xx

Hey Cheryl,Thankyou 😊...yes should listen to my own advice...just having 'one of those weeks'....Goodluck for your results lovely,mine due Monday XxRachel

Hello Dennymac and welcome to our lovely group 😊...I would have said exactly what the other ladies have said,that we are all here to support and chat whenever you like.
I like you was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal I was grade 3...shocked just the same,it's unbelievable isn't it?Ive had my op just waiting results like Cheryl.Ask lots of questions and take all help offered to you..Rachel Xx

Thanks gazzlyn your words mean a lot 🙂 best of luck tomorrow! Xx

Love and hugs for tomorrow x

Hi Dennymac, welcome to a lovely supportive group at a truly awful time in your life.  This ladies will become your friends and support network, I know they have for me.

Judi, seems you have a lot to think about, hope your not too stressed about it all xx

Good Luck with your results Chez xx

Surgery for me tomorrow, so I will update on my return 🙂 hopefully some of the others that have had surgery this week will be updated also.  Keep smiling girls, we can do this!! Heart

Good luck with your results chez666, I feel swept up with tests and appointments right now! Head spinning!!

Hi Judi, you are sounding more positive now you have basis of a plan so that's good...pinning your surgeon down now that's novel!! Thanks for the update x x x I get my results next Tuesday 😊

Hi D, welcome to the club with the best members, I am a little further on than you, just had op and awaiting results, the support, advice and help from everyone on the forum is just brill 😄😄😄 the waiting is most definitely the worst bit, but being on here is such a tonic, Cheryl x

Hi Rachel, yep that sums up how I am..even a bit scared to go for walk down the road and okay one minute and the the next in tears. Like you eating ok but get anxious about the silliest things tha normally would take in stride. But then when you consider what we have faced in the last 8 weeks, I think we are all pretty awesome, brave, courageous, and drop dead gorgeous for starters. You said to me to be kind to myself and I think I need to remind you of your wise words.....well done on work, I get my results in Tuesday and am seeing gp and occ health and then I hope a phased return. Big hugs, positive vibes over the forum love Cheryl x

Hi Ladies just a quick update went to see oncologist yesterday and although i have Her2 pos he still gave me the option of radiotherapy and hormone therapy because of my other results but when i pinned him down (not literally) he said obviously the percentage was higher of not reocurring with the chemo and herceptin so its a no brainer really waiting for a muga scan on heart due to Herceptin, im thinking of going on the persephone clinical trial to verify 6 months is as good as 12 months (herceptin) you cant choose its what the computer dishes out needs some thought but i may do it lots of love to everyone Judi xxxxxxxx

Hey everyone

Hope you don't mind me jumping on here and joining you guys? I was just diagnosed on Monday with grade 2 invasive ductal breast cancer. I'm quite shocked as I'm only 32 and I feel like im living a bad dream! Since yesterday I've had blood tests, a CT and a bone scan. I have another appointment on Thursday to find out my treatment plan but I've been told I definately need chemo and surgery but until they get my scan results they haven't yet decided if they want to give me chemo first to try and shrink the tumour! In a way I'm kinda just wanting to get the surgery over with!

You have all done so well and are charging on with treatment and looks like il be jumping on that bandwagon pretty soon myself. Hope ur all doing well 🙂

D x

Hi ladies,hope you are all okay?Smiley Happy

Ive had a pretty busy week,trying to keep myself busy,keep my mind off things and maybe back to work on Monday,so that will be weird going backSmiley Surprised

Does anyone feel the way I do...although im quite an anxious person,so this is making me even more anxious than normal....had like butterflies in my stomach and feel sicky,but appetite still okay?Had it for a week now and it pretty rubbish.

Rachelxxx

Thanks Sandie xx

Thankyou Sharon for your good wishes Heart I also wish Sarah and Beryl well for surgery today and tomorrow.  Thinking of you all and wishes everyone the best results possible xx

Sarah, Beryl and Lynda, wishing you all the bes, sending love and hugs and look forward to reading your posts soon, take care and lots of love x x x

Much love ladies,  remember surgeons get paid big bucks and they're all a bit OCD so they're good at what they do.

Today im a month past mine and its been fine. 

Thinking of you, all the time 

Hugs xxxxx

Sandie

Hi everyone 🙂

It's a big week for forumites - just wanted to wish Sarah (JETS) well for surgery tomorrow, Beryl (Matty2) for Tuesday and Lynda (Gazzlynn) for Wednesday.  My thoughts and every possible good wish are with you ladies

xxx

Sharon

Hi Rachel.

Sorry late reply but dont often log on.Just tend to use FB.

Let me know if you managed to get onto FB.

Send me a PM if you havent and I will arrange.

X

Hi. Am on Day 10 post chemo cycle 1 Docetexel/ Taxotere.

Have had a couple of side effects but managed them. Nothing too bad.

Muscle aches and twitches days 4 to 8/9. Took paracetemol and were bearable.

Bad tongue. Felt like it was burnt. Bad taste.

Some things like tea tasted aweful.

All manageable for this first cycle but hear it gets worse.

Hope you ok.

Hi Cheryl,not too bad Thankyou...just getting impatient waiting for my results!Im nicely healed up now,but do get very tired.
How are you?Xxx

Rachelhow are you doing? Beryl will be thinking of you on Tuesday, good luck,love and hugs x x x

sorry wrong person - about \monday -

Could ask you the same about Monday

Scared but then again can't wait!

Beryl

That break sounded perfect😊....a nice bit if sun and relaxation can do wonders.Your course sounds very interesting.X
I'll be glad when I can find out my results and my treatment underway.
Beryl good to eat some pasta,keep energy levels up😊how you feeling about Tuesday?X

Hey there

Break sounds good, even with meltdowns - surely they helped as well

Having a Mastectomy Eve meal here - probably pasta of some sort to boost the carbs for Starvation Tuesday

Keep smiling

Beryl

Hi ladies,  back from my break.  We never go on holiday and it was lovely. All came home tanned and covered in sand 🙂 child actually said...im glad theres no tv (Yes the world has gone mad) 

Glad your surgery went well cazz.  Private room,  good stuff.  Amazing how much better you feel once surgery is done.  Xx

I had a call from the oncology nurse, probably wont have an appointment till late next week or the week after, obviously they're pretty busy.  She did explain my regime in general though. She said AC x4 (1 every 3 weeks) then paclitaxel 1 per week x12, starting the herceptin in there... herceptin is 1 at 3 weekly intervals for a year. 

I looked up the drugs on a chemocare website in the states as the names are differant to the ones on here.  (Im in new zealand) the website had side effects (boo) and where the drugs were sourced, eg plant based etc. Which as someone who has been studying organic Horticulture this last year was fascinating. 

Dont know how im going to get my head around finishing it actually,  was supposed to be in christchurch on a block practical course the week I saw my surgeon. Cant imagine digging compost heaps or tree planting, let alone writing a paper with words of more than one syllable! 😉

Anyway, mini holiday Awesome.  I reckon a day trip would have felt nice too.  Still had s few internal melt downs but nice to be some where else.

Hugs lovelies xxx

Hey ladies,hope your having a good week/weekend and feel ok😊
Rachel xx

Hi Cazz, as you will be, well done and a private room with facilities is the least you deserve. Hope the fluid drains well now and you can go home as planned, don't forget though no charging around when home and make sure you rest and rest, well done x x

Tuesday morning
BCN said could well be home late Wednesday
B

Hi Matty,when is your Masectomy planned for ?Xx

Pleased everything went well Cazz and take it easy now 🙂 x

Yay pleased you are OK

It is reassuring that it recovery seems realatively straight forward. Great a private room, iI had one when my lymph nodes were removed. The mastex is in a different hospital though so don't know what to expect!

Good to hear from you Cazz. No matter how much we post op ladies tell you you'll be fine, it's hard to believe till you're the other side of the op yourself. Sounds like you're being well looked after, make the most of it. xxx

Oh Cazz so good to hear😊well done you for doing so well and that relief after it's done is amazing isn't it!A private room too...lovely ...think I would have stayed in hospital longer if they had given me my own room😊X
Take care and get lots of rest,let your body heal XxxRachel

So pleased to hear you're OK Cazz 🙂

x

Sharon

Hi everyone, here I am 2 days post op & feeling fine after left mx & full node clearance! Still in hospital with view to going home tom mainly due to the amount of fluid in my drain so they want to monitor me for one more night. Dont mind too much as, due to bed shortages, I am in a private room with en suite facilities, better than home especially with meal service as being cooked for is definately something I am not used to!! Very few painkillers as just general discomfort no real pain thank goodness. My surgeons say it was a text book op, & things are looking positive but obviously still have the wait for biopsy results to see if anything else needed. Yes I was scared, as i posted earlier in the week, to the point i made myself tachycardic in anaesthetic room, but i was in & out of theatre & revovery within 2 hours. Feel so relieved that the C has gone & the fact that my left arm isn't as bad as I'd been told it would be. Good luck to all of you, pre & post op ladies. YOU WILL BE FINE!! 😃

So sorry Judi, definitely not want you wanted to hear.  From the tiny little bit of research I've done so far it suggests that Herceptin is the drug they use for HER2 positive but I guess your Oncologist will explain all of that (I'm still trying to work out what the difference is between an Oncologist and a Medical Oncologist or whether they are the same :()

One step at a time though, I hope you're healing well from the surgery and not in too much pain or discomfort.

Look after yourself

x

Sharon

Enjoy your few days away Sandie...you deserve it😊xxx

Hi Sandie enjoy your trip we might get away somewhere to take my mind off it Love Judi xxxx

Hi Sharon yes all tests neg clear margins no cancer in lymph nodes if it wasant for her2 pos i would only need radiotherapy just my luck another blighter luv Judi

Hi, yes Her2+ o/e+,  I was unsurprised by any of it really,  not sure if I was just waiting for it all to go past me...

I was told at my first appointment with the surgeon I would need chemo. Mine was a big tumour, 5cm snd obvious from the ultrasound as a bad one. They had me set for chemo first but biopsied the least evil bit so I had surgery.  Apparently the other 4cms was all pure swirling disaster. 😉 but it didnt escape,  so very lucky

Its a lottery all right. 

Feeling flat and tired and a bit underwhelmed by it all today. 

Tomorrow we take the kiddlets to s friends beach caravan for a couple of mad swimming days and build sandcastles. Swings and roundabouts 🙂

Xxx

Happiness

Sandie

Hi Judi, think I misunderstood your last post.  Am I right in thinking you've been told the surgery was a success (lump removed with clear margins & no lymph node involvement) so the chemo is because of your HER2 positive status?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to work out if I'm going to need chemo too  (seeing consultant for my pre-surgery test results next week - gulp!)

x

Sharon

Hi Sandie where you Her2 pos as well all my other tests were negative and the surgeon said years ago with test results like i had it would have been a case of thats fine few blasts of radio you be will ok so although i was in floods of tears yesterday thinking logically today is another day and your right i just want to crack on with it so many hugs back to you sandie Love Judi xxx

Goodluck today Cazz...love and hugs Xxx

Cazz, thinking of you today and hope that everything goes well

x

Sharon

Beryl, thanks for the info re the haven, london is nearest to me but that is still 2 hrs travelling, they are opening one on the Hampshire/West Sussex border but not until later this year. I fond the website really calming though just reading through it, thanks for the tip off and hope you get on okay x