Recently done with Tamoxifen

First of all, hello  :)  I am new obviously and sort of stubbled on this site looking for answers to my current issues.

I am almost 7 years out, recently (as in 3 weeks ago) finished Tamoxifen.  I had regular periods while on Tamoxifen, but now that I’ve stopped taking it, I have missed a period.  Usually it is the other way around I think, women stop having them during tamoxifen and then they start up again.  I will be 40 in June so menapause is still some years away (I think?).

Anyone else have this happen?  Periods went away after you finished tamoxifen?  I went to my Gyno yesterday, we are doing a sonagram of my ovaries because I have cysts, she has offered ablation to help with the heavy periods, even though I’m not having one at all at the moment, and also offered a hystorectomy, which I’m leaning against.

Hello BigPeaches

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post yet.  I wonder if more people might see it if you posted in the section “Going through treatment/hormone therapy”  I’ve attached a link for you:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hormone-therapy/bd-p/4438

It might also help to talk things over with one of our Helpliners.  They’ll be able to offer information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator