Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconstruction choices

2 REPLIES 2
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Reconstruction choices

Thank you some good chats yesterday with ladies that had had the tummy flap and an implant.
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Reconstruction choices

Hi Bimble,

Sorry you have to go down the Mx route. if you look under the "living with breast cancer" title to the left, you will find a section called "reconstructive surgery". There's quite a bit on there.

Failing that, you could ring the helpline and ask them to put you in touch with some of their volunteers. Or, try googling "keeping abreast". I phoned their chairperson, and she was really friendly and very helpful.

Hugs,

Margaret
Guest user
Not applicable

Reconstruction choices

I have just been told that I need a mastectomy, I've already had 2 rounds of surgery, this came as a total shock as the lump was so small but anyway they found more.

I am thinking about having tissue from my tummy or bottom used rather than an implant although on reading more about it I am worried about the length of surgery..... It seems that it goes on for hours and I saw it described I am terrified by the thought of anaesthetic etc.

I'm also a bit worried now about pain and restriction of movement due to then other surgery sites. As well as the scars that are left.

Does anyone have an experience, I see lots posted about implants but not about this sort of surgery.