Reconstruction problems after 7 years

Hi  I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2006, had a mastectomy, axillery node clearance 4 weeks of radiation therapy to the chest wall followed by 5 years of Tamoxifen. 

I had a LD reconstruction with a port to inflate and deflate as needed. The port was ok at first but is now after 7 years really causing me problems as it keeps catching and feeling twisted anytime I bend over and then stand up straight. 

Is it possible to have the port removed after so long. Also my reconstruction seems like a water bed …it has lots of ripples which show . This has happened in the last year or so and I have put up with it but I am wondering if this too coulds be looked at. 

Any advice appreciated.

Hi logres

I’m sorry to read you are experiencing problems with your reconstruction.  Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their advice you might find it helpful to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk things through with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and information. Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator