Recovering after excision biopsy

I would just like to a big ‘Thank You’ to all the ladies in this special club for helping and advising me to get through the last few weeks.
I had my first routine mammogram 14th July and was recalled to the breast clinic where they performed a core biopsy by stereotaxis. They had found a 7mm blob of calcification and the results of the biopsy had come back as inconclusive.
I was admitted to hospital on Thursday of last week for a wire guided excision biopsy to remove it so they could get a better idea of whether it is cancerous.
I must admit I have been amazed at how well the operation went (although I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic and was kept in overnight) it is now day 5 and, since I had the operation I haven’t needed any pain relief at all. I have to go and get my results in the next 10 days or so and although I’m taking nothing for granted, the support I have received from this ‘special little club’ has been great and has made me more positive - whatever the outcome.
My best wishes and thoughts go out to you all xx

hello paulsbabe… glad thats over eh ? just got 2 sit in the waiting room for a few days… we hate the waiting room… its the worst place in the world… well fingers toes etc crossed for your results… with a bit of luck you wont become a full member of our club… were all here … and we will all support you … but we hope you dont join… glad to hear the op etc went well… and fingers crossed angie xx

Glad it all went ok Paulsbabe. At least u’ll know for sure when the results come through, waiting really is the pits. Keeping everything crossed for u, let us know how u get on x

Well I went for my results yesterday and was relieved to find out that there was no sign of any cancer from my biopsy, although the consultant did go on to tell me that I do have ‘Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia’ (A.D.H.), I must admit I know nothing about this condition and would be grateful for any advice.

Hi paulsbabe

Here’s a link to the BCC information page about ADH:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/breast-awareness/benign-breast-conditions/hyperplasia-atypical-hyperplasia

If you have any further queries please feel free to call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, weekdays 9-5 and sat 9-2 or you can send in any query to our Ask the nurse email service, here’s the link;

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/ask-nurse

Best wishes
Lucy