Recurrance on mastectomy scar?

Hi has anyone had a recurrance on their mastectomy scar? And what was their treatment?

I had a bilateral mastectomy sept 2013 after having a recurrance to original bc in sept 2012’ also diagnosed with small lung met. Had Taxol which worked well on lung met but no so good on breast lump so Decided on
bilateral mastectomy but ct scan was clear in April 2014 but a few weeks ago felt a small lump on mastectomy scar on affected side , had only just seen breast surgeon for a check up a few week previous and he did not want to see me off for a year. Have an appointment on the 7th July but can’t help feeling it is back !

Don’t want chemo again , if it can be helped

Sarah66

Hi Sarah

Really sorry to hear that you’ve got these worries and fears as you say not long after finishing chemo.  I really feel for you and wondering whether you can bring your appointment date forward so you’re not having to wait so long?  The waiting I found was always so hard.  

Gentle Hugs

Ruby xxx

Hi Sarah I have a friend who had local recurrence after a mastectomy. She is having lump removed radiotherapy and tamoxifen. She does not have secondaries tho. They could possibly treat you with hormone therapy depending on your status. Hope so xxx