Recurrence of DCIS

Hi.  I was diagnosed with DCIS in April 2013 and had two lots of WLE surgery followed by radiation therapy. I have had two clear mammograms since the last one being April last year. I am also on a trial called Big 3 -07 (related to the Raduation treatment and so have been checked every six months. My last examination was end of August last year.  A week ago I discovered a large lump in the same breast. I immediately saw my GP who aspirated it but no fluid was withdrawn so he does not think it is a cyst and referred me back to the Breast Clinic. I gave an appointment this Friday.  I am terrified that the cancer has returned but can’t understand why the lump feels so large and has must have grown very quickly since last August. My GP was concerned that there is some puckering just under the nipple area. (The nipple has always been flattish though since the surgery). I have not noticed the puckering but because of the shape of the breast since surgery I cannot see the nipple area as it lies underneath now,    Sorry to go on for so long but just wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar ?? Thanks for listening Sazzie 

Hi Sazzieann, 

I am really sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time. This can be a scary time and I am sure some of our users will be along to talk and offer their support very soon. 

In the meantime please do call oursupport lineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the lump you have found and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant