cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red, Hot skin around scar underarm.

7 REPLIES 7
soi

Re: Red, Hot skin around scar underarm.

Bummer getting cellulitis. I had it after my hysterectomy.  The oncologist I had was Thai and she said it was lucky. Aye that be right lol. I have really calmed down now but you can still see the whole area where I had my rads.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Bummer,there always seems to be something extra to deal with doesn't there!Hopefully get it sorted quickly this time ,very painful cellulitis .
ellie49

Hi Jill

Well, have finally seen GP, and I have developed Cellulitus again.  Ended up back in hospital after my local wide excision op with this problem, and it seems as if it has returned.  I am so fed up, was just starting to feel more like my oldself, skin was healing after radioptherapy, and now this again.  But, he ho, it could be a lot worse, so I should thank my lucky stars.

Jill1998
Community Champion

A lot of the women I speak to are still having painful boob/skin reactions 9 plus months on from rads.Dont think we should underestimate the effect of radiation on your skin!
soi

Hi Jill
I'm 8 months post rad and showered this morning with a new shower gel and have ended up like you. Put creams on it and has died down a bit. Taking it a bad reaction to something in the gel. But is scarey 8 months on

ellie49

Hi Jill, Thanks, at least I am not alone. I will go and see GP tomorrow. x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Ellie,I ended up with an infection under my boob about 10 days after I finished.Had a weeks work of anti biotics and it cleared up.

ellie49

Red, Hot skin around scar underarm.

I am three weeks post radiotherapy, and after very sore skin, everything seemed to be going fine.  Then yesterday morning noticed a very red, hot area around the scar under my arm. It seems to start at the bottom of the scar and radiate out.  It is extremely sore, was wondering if it could be an infection. Has anyone else had anything similar. Also under arm pain.