1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red painful breast 2 1/2 yrs after implant

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Red painful breast 2 1/2 yrs after implant

Had scan today. All ok so no Consultant appointment. No reason for infection so I don't know why after all this time. Would have liked to have seen somebody to ask as it's happened once if it's likely to happen again.

J

Glad to hear the antibiotics are begining to work.  I hope your consultant can explain how you got an infection after all this time.

Let us know how you get on.  Regards Chris

BCN arranged for me to see a Consultant ( My own one was off) and he said it was an infection and I got antibiotics. Need to go back in 2 days for a scan and to see my own Consultant.

My breast still feels very tight, sore and swollen tho it's not as red.

The silicone implant is much better than the tissue expander and I was pleased with the difference. I just didn't expect a problem after all this time.

let us know how you get on!

Gosh how horrible for you.

I am 14 months post op and with a saline exoander (port still in) and have been thinking that I would like to have it changed for silicone as the implant is heavy and still feels like a water bottle.  I hope that  your BCN has good news for you and post your findings.

Regards Chris

Red painful breast 2 1/2 yrs after implant

Hi

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had my tissue expander replaced with a silicone implant 2 1/2 yrs ago which has caused me no problem up until now. Apart from feeling hellish my breast is hard has a red patch on it and is very painful. Under my arm ls also sore.

I would guess that there's infection there but what causes it after all this time? Will my implant need to be removed? I'd be grateful to hear from anyone that's had the same problem. I'll phone my BCN tomorrow.

Thanks W