1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral to clinic

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Referral to clinic

Thank you 75LM, hope your op goes well when you have it. Positive thinking ahead & a new healthier way of life for me from now on! Best wishes...

Hi Cazzie29, sorry to hear about your growth. So glad they picked it up early and I hope the op and radiotherapy blasts it away quickly. I've been so lucky - my lump is probably benign but they're going to operate to remove it anyway because it looks malignant on u/sound and mammogram. You take good care of yourself and get some rest after today's stress.

Hi 75LM, how did it go? I've been diagnosed as having a stage 2 cancer growth but it's been caught early & prognosis is good. I have to have an MRI as my breast tissue is dense so they want to check nothing is hiding, then it's the op, radiotherapy & 5 years of tablets. A lot to take in today but could have been worse. As far as I'm concerned I do not have breast cancer, I have a tiny cancerous growth (for now). Thinking of you 75LM

Hi Cazzie, thinking of you. I'm also getting my biopsy results today and know how scary it is. Been busy reassuring everyone else that it'll be OK! Wishing you all the best.

Following a second biopsy, because the Dr couldn't get any tissue first time due to the size (5mm), it is results day tomorrow. I'm really worried now, possibly because this could be the day I'm told i have cancer. Another possibility is they may tell me it still isn't diagnosed one way or another & i will need a biopsy under general anaesthetic or an mri. I really don't want either, I just want to be told everything is ok so I can get back to normal & stop living under this cancer cloud 😢

Just back from the clinic. Been referred as a lump showed up on my mammogramm but small so needed magnified mammogram, & it's showing about 5mm. Dr couldn't feel it & had trouble locating it on ultrasound. Had biopsy but he had to repeat it 5 times due to size! Even now doesn't think he got enough to analyse so may need to go back in 2 weeks to have it repeated under xray as easier to see it that way. No further forward really but pleased it's small. His main concern is that it wasn't there 3 years ago at last mammogram but surely these things have got to start somewhere! Anyone else had something similar??

Thank you all. Will update you tomorrow xx

All the very best. Hope it's all positive news x x

You can google "calcifications" but that might not be what you have. I think they are just build ups of calcium deposits. Mine are in the milk ducts.
Good luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on.
Xx

Thank you both. My appointment is tomorrow, perhaps the speed of receiving the letter is worrying too but i have been told that this is "policy" in my area.
Can anyone explain calcifications please?
No i havent got anyone to go with me, its at an inconvenient time for my friends school pick ups & my husband works nights & appt came through too quick for him to arrange time off.
Still panicking but at least i dont have long to wait

Hi Cazzie29,
I was diagnosed following a routine mammogram, no lump, it's not uncommon. But not all such referrals are confirmed as cancer so don't despair! You are likely to have ultrasound and a punch biopsy as well as a repeat mammo. I hope your appointment is soon, the waiting is the worst bit. Have you anyone that can go with you? I didn't have, but I would recommend it if you can.
Wishing you all the best,
Jojo

Hi there

Like you I had no symptoms but my mammogram spotted calcifications. Even the consulatants couldn't feel anything at my first visit to the breast clinic. They have turned out to be DCIS intermediate grade for which I am going to have surgery but not Chemo or Radiography which I consider to be a big plus.

Usually those things are benigh and if they are not, it's great that whatever it is has been spotted early and can be treated.

I guess you will be having a biopsy soon, if you want to ask me anything, please do.

Don't be scared, you will be really well looked after.

Referral to clinic

Hi
I had a routine mammogram at the beginning of sept & last week received a letter asking me to go to the "second part of the test" at the breast care clinic. Ive not found any lumps or had a change in shape or size of my breasts nor any discharge! Obviously im petrified as i think i must have not checked properly, but have checked constantly since receiving the letter. Has anyone else been referred when not having any apparent symptoms please?