Referral

My mum has just been to the doctors & is going to be refered.

This was friday so we dont have an appointment yet.

The symptoms she has are:

1. Distcharge from the nipple
  2. Inverted nipple
  3. No lumps - Doctors examination.

We live in Sheffield so i guess it would Northern General ?

Shes active, eats alot of green. She is on Medication for schizophrenia but i dont know what the tablets are called. She is “normal” though and is looking to come off the tablets.

Any suggestions / help please?

Hi mrky0973

Welcome to the BCC forums, I am sure some of the other forum users will be along soon to offer you support and advice. While you are waiting you and your Mum may find it useful to have a look at the BCC booklet on referral to a breast clinic. It can be found by following the link below:-

breastcancercare.org.uk//docs/referral_redesign__final_14_feb_08_0.pdf

Please also use the helpline for further support and a ‘listening ear’ if you feel this would help, the helpline number is 0808 800 6000 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-2pm.

I hope this is helpful to you both.

Best wishes
Lucy

I think she is right to get it checked out. Not everyone has a lump that they can feel and discharge and an inverted nipple meed to be taken seriously. There is every chance that this is not breast cancer, and I will keep my fingers crossed that your Mum is all clear, but she needs to keep the appointment.

The advice generally given to all newbies on this site is to try not to worry too much, which is very difficult. I tend to advise new ppl not to do too much research at this stage as there is so much information available and it is just too easy to read the wrong stuff and scare yourself rigid.

Best wishes to you and your Mum, please let us know how she is getting on.

Hi I am new to this site and I have pretty much the same symptoms but I have quite a large lump which is painful and I went to my doctor and have been referred so i know how tour mum is feeling im going out of my mind with worry.Please let me know how your Mum gets on and good luck

Hi all,

Thanks for your encouragement.

We have just received a Referral letter today & have an appointment on Monday. We will be going to the Hallamshire Hospital.

I will keep you all informed of the progress/diagnosis as we go.

Once again, thank you for your support.

mark

hello again all

She has been given the clear. The diagnosis was a blocked milk duct.

She has to go back in 3 Months time for a check-up.

Good news. Thank you all for your help !

I`ve found a nice community here.

Thats really good news, I expect you are both so relived, and thanks for letting us all know.

best wishes

m x

So glad!
Angela