Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused beauty treatments

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Refused beauty treatment

Thanks for the  information and link.  I will certainly be looking for somewhere to get my treatments.  I look forward to a bit of pampering and wouldn't want to give it up.  Since I started this thread, I've heard some horror stories about the salon I went  to, so maybe I'm better off not going there again!

Maryland

Re: Refused beauty treatment

Hi turl1.....there is another similar thread on this forum with lots of helpful replies. I had 4 complementary therapies including different types of massage at MacMillan Centre referred by Oncologist! The following is a link to the Cancer Research site specifically avout massage http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-help/about-cancer/treatment/complementary-alternative/therapi...

Hope you can resolve this, as I've found massage, reiki and reflexology to be fantastic!

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Refused beauty treatments

Hi Turl1

I trained professionally in massage a few years ago  and cancer was seen as a contra indication because the treatment stimulates the circulation and helps lymph node drainage.  Recently I asked a salon about having a facial given my BC treatment and they advised that they could do it but would miss out the massage.  Might be worth seeing if your salon could do the same.  Or maybe try another salon............

Guest user
Not applicable

Refused beauty treatments

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011, completed my chemo & radiotherapy by Feb 2012 and now take a 1mg Anastrozole tablet every day for 5 years.

I've been going for a monthly back, neck and shoulder massage for a few years and started having a regular facial a few months ago.  The salon I go to insists that I now need to have a note from my doctor in order to have any more treatments (including facials).  My doctor says this is ridiculous, but the salon will not accept this.

Has anyone else come up against this?