cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regularity of hormone drugs

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Regularity of hormone drugs

Hey

i don't know about anyone else, but the only way I can do this is to not worry about missing the odd tablet and realistically I don't think it matters in the big scheme of things. 

I stopped my hormone therapy after the first 3 months because I could not cope with my emotions, and I stayed off everything for 7 months. My cancer was ER+ve 8/8 so yes I was probably playing with fire and it remains to be seen whether or not I was reckless but you can only do what you can do at the time, right? 

I have now gently restarted, firstly by going back on Zoladex monthly injections in March, and then adding Exemestane 6 weeks later. Bit wobbly, but I recognise the side effects this time, I know what to expect. None of this is easy but so far it's manageable and I miss the odd tablet, sod it. 

Good luck to you all

J x

Re: Regularity of hormone drugs

Hi, 

i dont think missing an occasional tablet makes much difference. I am 18 months into my 10 years. I had to stop taking mine 5 weeks ago as I had upcoming surgery. My flushes are worse than ever! My stomach has definitely been better, I have terrible wind with the tamoxifen Smiley Embarassed!  My periods stopped after my first chemo so I'm not sure what is going on with my body though! My cancer oestrogen level was 8/8 so I know that the Tamoxifen is the best treatment for me.

Vicbee xx

Regularity of hormone drugs

Does any one know what would happen if we didn't take our hormone drugs regularly?  I am on for 10 years and so does missing a few (by mistake) matter?