Relaxation tapes

Having done some reading of blogs books and this site I have seen a lot of references to relaxation tapes or meditation tapes. I am not normally interested in this type of thing but I am now a week into not sleeping and I haven’t even started my chemo!
Does anyone have any that they particularly recommend? I hav. Been reading various books and blogs of women who have been diagnosed but I find I spend more time googling things on my iPad with my book in the other hand!

hi
i used to work with severe dementia sufferers and had loads of relaxation cd’s to do sessions with but i have to say that any of your favourite music, that is gentle on the ear, is as good if not better than buying something that you dont know. All tastes are different, so if you have a selection of your own happy/ pleasant memory evoking tunes it will do the same job. i always have the definitive simon and garfunkel cd above any of my ‘proper’ relaxation discs. its quite nice sitting and choosing the playlists too.
angie xx

Thanks angiepops I adding think of using my own music. I need something to help me relax at night as I am not sleeping at all. Even Nytol is no longer helping. I think I spend all day trying to be ok and ‘normal’ then at night my mind goes 100mph. Today I watched a programme where the woman was told she was pregnant and she hugged her husband. I cried and cried wondering if that was ever going to happen to me.
I need to relax but as yet I am unable to do yoga etc. I need some advice!

Hi

The Haven has some free relaxation podcasts on their website. If you google ‘The Haven at home’ you should find the right page. Like you, before diagnosis, I wouldn’t have given the time of day to things like relaxation tapes, but I found them really helpful.

Good luck!

Della

Hi Kiranclair, it is a while since I have posted now 2 years post diagnosis like you at pillow time my head becomes a search engine.It became so bad I have resorted to doing the SLEEPIO course, online CBT, now 8 weeks in I am sleeping so much better and most of all,I have lost my anxiety surrounding sleep.If you are at the early stages of treatment the course is somewhat barbaric around week 3 because of the sleep restriction.During the course which has a brilliant helpful online community I was recommended Getsomeheadspace.com the first 10 days are free and they also have a free session on sleep which is very good, also a book called “tired but wired” by Nerina Ramlakan.I also bought some “sleep phones” a fleece headband with speakers inside attached to my mp3 player.Classic fm also do music for sleeping but I seem to cope better with a guided way into sleep and relaxation.On you tube, Jon Kabatt Zinn does a 1 hour mindfullness session if you can bear to sit for that length of time Love and Light xx

I have found some podcasts for guided relaxation exercises for coping with breast cancer which are free to download from itunes. I really like them and her voice.

Here’s a link;
itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/guided-relaxation-exercises/id349167738

Sue x

Also found this one - Guided Calming Exercises; as above, free podcast vis itunes;
itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/guided-calming-exercises/id351697074?mt=2

xxx