Relonchem brand

Hi everyone. Haven’t posted on here for a long time but after 4 years on the Wockhardt brand of Tamoxifen chemist has dispensed me Relonchem. In the few weeks I have been taking them have experienced far more side effects than I have in 4 years on Wockhardt. Today I feel like I have been hit by a bus-am absolutely wiped out for no reason, hot flushes and very limited sleep. I noticed that few people are mentioning this brand and wondered if it had replaced Wockhardt for certain chemists. I’ve been told by few people on Twitter that it is possible to ask my GP for a prescription for specific brand if chemist doesn’t stock them. Anyone had similar experience or have advice to give?

Hello, I took relon for a month and I was so low I was not my self at all. I too felt like I had been hit by a bus!! so I  stopped taking them and managed to find a box of teva which I have been on for over a year. Wock hardt made me so poorly I was of sick for a week!! I hope you feel better soon x 

Hi

Chelseagirl I could of written your post!!

I have only been on Tamoxifen for 6months, in that time I started month 1 on Relonchem then 4months on wockhardt. While on Relonchem I had hot flushes every 45mins, lasting approx 5mins, then I would be freezing cold?! I assumed it was just the side effects and I would just have to deal with it. Then when I switched to wockhardt I found the hot flushes weren’t quite as frequent, and I was able to get at least a block of 4hrs sleep most nights! I also per chased a menopause magnet, which seemed to help.

The last 2 weeks I have been back on Relonchem and I am back to waking every 45mins to 1.5hrs throughout the night. Hot flushes every 45mins and the feeling really cold, following the flushes! It’s go so bad, and I am so tired. Luckily I still have a box of the wockhardt brand, so I am going to use them for the next few weeks and see what happens.

I think the docs should admit that different brands do affect people in different ways, and so when we find one that suits us, we should be able to stick to it! I know I need to take this drug to prevent the Cancer returning, but that doesn’t mean I should have to suffer for the next 5years. IF there are ways to avoid it.

Nice to know I’m not imagining things! Fingers crossed we both find the brand that suits us best! Xx

Hi Ladies I have been on Tam for just over a year and have been on Wockhardt all of the time with none of the side effects you have mentioned. 2 months ago the chemist gave me a different brand but when I told him I really didn’t want to change he went out of his way to help. Apparently there has been a distribution problem which they hope will soon be resolved but in the meantime he is prescribing the 10mg tablets which you can still get and I just take 2 each evening. By the way I am 53 and was pre menopause but haven’t had a period for a couple of months, I just wonder weather the side effects are different for women of different ages?? I also take propanaloll (beta blockers) originally prescribed to prevent headaches but increased to deal with the anxiety caused by cancer diagnosis, I wonder if these help relieve side effects like hot flushes. Wishing you all luck xx