Removal of fibroadenomas and what to expect

Hello I’m 27 and I was diagnosed 5 years ago with a fibroadenoma in my left breast. Throughout the years it has become extremely painful and after a check up over the summer I was advised to get it removed. My surgery is in three weeks time and I’m finding myself becoming more and more anxious.
I don’t know what to expect and I’m scared. I already have reconstruction surgery done in that breast which was hard enough on me 8 years ago so I’m terrified about getting this surgery. I’ve small breasts as it is and I’ve read online you can be left with a hole in your breast and it’s better to leave them in because they can just grow back anyway.
I’m finding myself worrying about it.
Has anyone got any experience of the removal of these lumps? I was really appreciate some advice.
Thank you x

Hi SMC89,

I’m sorry to see you haven’t received a response yet but I’m sure some of users will be along to share their experiences with fibroadenoma and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always post on our Ask the Nurse board or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita