Removal of lymph nodes

Im a bit confused re removal of lympth nodes, my first one i was told was suspicious and was told would take 3 or4 not all due to risk of lymphodemia. if took all., When had my operation however took all of them.  its day after and i feel fine, bit sore but ok and ive started my exercises , Is this usual to take all lymph notes if can only see one affected.Have others experienced this.Feel happier with them all gone actually and im a fit person, in fact the district nurse couldnt believe how good i was day after operation, As im 67 i guess she expected a frail litttle old ladylol. Still got drain, stayed at my one of my lovely friends last night, hospital wont let you home if you live on own, hut back in my flat tonight, another dear friend bought me home, wouldnt leave till i was ok, and settled, she only lives bout mile from me, and have strict instructions ring if i need her. As someone with no siblings kids or partner, my friends have been fantastic, so lucky.  

Hi catchpole, your friends do indeed sound wonderful, glad they’re there for you. In answer to your question, my lymph nodes appeared clear on the ultrasound but after the sentinel node biopsy a spec of cancer was found on one so I had a full clearance, however, I know a lady with a very similar diagnosis to me and her surgeon and oncologist decided a micromet was not a big enough risk to justify a full clearance, so who was right? But I did only have a micromet and I believe it’s normal practice to remove the remainder of the nodes if more than that is found. CC x

I had full clearance because first time round they didnt get a node. Took them all and turned out clear so no need in the end.
Lymphodeama is a worry but 7 months down and arm fine at the moment.

To be honest im glad to have them out,.i remember when i had my hysterectomy they said should be take ovaries i said yes i dont need them, one more thing less to worry about. I feel fine 4 days later,drain out nurse wasnt impressed in too far, she said  and dressings werent great, but all seemed well. yes the friends been good, sometimes better than family, they want to be there. i appreciate them all.

Hi. I had lymph clearance and I cancer was found in the first two.
I’ve found the healing pains in my axila the longest lasting and have just started driving (5 weeks post -op)
However, I feel great relief from knowing that the cancer cells didn’t travel further and that I can look forward to complete future help.
Three sessions of physio with a women’s health physio (1 session per week ) have helped enormously and I feel good.
Best wishes to you