1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove & redo reconstruction

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Remove & redo reconstruction

Yes,I have had this done,on more than ne occasion ...finally had DIEP,fabulous result

Annie22
Sorry, I heard, but there were not any possitive results. Some lady's lost muscle flaps again. And finaly the best option was external prothese. I went for lipofilling only (without any flaps and without any implants) 4 years after surgery. Maybe this is the option for you as well???

Well there was contamination of cancer cells from the my breast when it was removed for DCIS. So the cancer continued to grow in the reconstructed breast so the op was a waste. I then needed chemo etc and the rads on the implant made it go hard and tight. Then I had to have a chunk taken out of the recon - to get clear margins, so my new breast is quite deformed, very tight and has moved under my arm a bit. I just want it taken off now and redone with a diep flap. My bras aren't comfortable as the breasts are too far apart. Am seeing a plastic surgeon at end of September - so if anyone has any thoughts/ experience that would be great.

Ah I see, so reverse situations. Mmm, in all honesty I am not sure what becomes of the flap, I guess your PS would be the one to ask Annie. What has happened which has caused you to have to lose the flap? Hopefully someone who has experience of this, will reply soon x

Thanks for responding Naz, Mine is an ld flap that needs to be removed, and the implant removed too but not sure what happens to the flap. Can it be sewn back where it came from or do I lose the flap altogether? I think this is quite unusual - especially as I've had it for 5 years. Any thoughts?

Yea, mine was. Failured tissue expander, followed by LD recon .

Naz

Remove & redo reconstruction

Has anyone heard of getting a reconstruction removed, then redone?