339139posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to post in Announcements section by Helen BCC re Latest Posts

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Reply to post in Announcements section by Helen BCC re Latest Posts

Heck! just wanted to say Im a new user and finding my way around no problem. I am just really glad the site is here. Thank you Breast Cancer Care xx

Thanks Anna!

Dear All

We are listening and sorry if we are not responding as promptly as you wish. We are in contact with our developers and discussing the possibility and functionality of how to provide easy access to latest posts. This consideration is one of many tasks that we are working on, however simple a task may appear that is unfortunately rarely the case and invariably they all take longer than we would either hope or like. We are taking your views seriously and we are hopeful that an affordable solution can be found.

Best wishes

Anna

Forum Coordinator

thanks Jennifer glad someone is listening ; )

I feel exactly the same as you, carolihne, but our feedback is still falling on deaf ears.

As I said on here before, the rest of the site is great and needs no 'improvements' so far as I can see, but the forum just isn't anything as good as it ought to be - and COULD be - if someone would just address the problems those on here (who actually use it) have pointed out.

Hello,

Still no response to my earlier comments - perhaps the moderators are finding the site a little confusing themselves ; (

I am so disappointed that BCC havn't sorted out the various clitches in this now not so new version of the forum and  are apparently about to tweek the rest of the web site - why for goodness sake fix this first!

I had a break from the site but then decided to comment on a few posts last week - thought i might have something useful to say to the newbies (probably not!) anyway when I came back to check on the threads they have disappeared way down the list and are very hard to find.  well no matter really - if it was only my ego that was hurt but one of the threads came from a chap who sounded like he was really struggling with his partners diagnosis i really hope someone has found his thread and helped him.  I'm giving up for now - it's just too frustrating ; (

Caroine

Hello Ladies

Many thanks for your comments, I will pass them on.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Looks like nobody's listening, carolihne. Smiley Sad

Helloi havn't been on here for ages but the problem with latest post still seems to exist ie you see all the latest posts rather than just the most recent one on the front page.  you used to be able to see the latest post on a topic then go to the topic and scroll back through all the recent posts - thus taking up less space.  it is very easy to get lost amongst the most recent hot topic and a fairly recent post gets pushed down the page just because there havn't been many comments.  This must be hard for new people as their post can quickly slip down several pages and just get lost ; (

I'm surprised BCC havn't fixed this yet what is going on?

Caroline

Your right Zeppa ,it's been done as Latest Thread's ,and not as Latest Post's , The old system is what everyone liked and wanted back, am very disappointed too , especially after waiting so long for them to come back.

It's not even 5 posts, but 5 threads. Very disappointed. I don't understand what BCC has against the old system!

Have not been on the forums for quite a few weeks now, but just popped on today to see how everyone was doing and was so pleased to see the new latest post's section at the top of the coloured boxes ,Fab I thought, untill i clicked on the Latest Post's  and could see only 5 latest posts ?  Its great that they are back bcc and thank you for listening to everyone in bringing the Latest Posts back to the forums ,but only showing the 5 Latest Posts does seem a little pointless, can we not have them back the way they always were showing the full page of the Latest Posts? The way it is currently set out ,you would have to keep checking back everytime it udated and that unfortunately will be just as time consuming and annoying as checking through all of the boxes for each latest post. Im sure it must sound to bcc that we member's are always moaning Woman Frustrated we really dont mean to be, Just please let us have them back as they were before on the old forum , in the new box , that is all we ever wanted BCC, then the forum will be great again!!

Smiley Happy

I agree, 5 posts seems pointless given how fast this forum moves, and it doesn't even include the latest replies.

To be honest when I first saw it I thought that somehow I had missed a link to the full page.

I don't use this site much now but when I do I usually pop on to latest posts which i did a few days ago and saw the new, new latest posts, well 5 threads lol. I remember the old, old forum where you could go to latest posts and see each new post for each thread, no duplicate threads one after the other, JUST the latest post for each thread. It was all very clear and simple Woman Happy 

Hi Jenifer

Thank you for your post, I will pass it onto Helen.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Reply to post in Announcements section by Helen BCC re Latest Posts

I see a link to latest posts has been added on the front page ( above the coloured boxes). Helen BCC has made a reference to it in the Announcements section of this forum and requested feedback so here's mine:

It's a start but it comes nowhere near what most of us are asking for because it only shows 5 thread updates, meaning that unless we are looking at it all the time loads of posts will disappear unseen by anyone other than those who only have one or two sections they ever look at on the board.

Would it not be possible to be like other forums and have a grid with all forum titles and latest posts listed? A link to this grid could be posted above the coloured boxes as before. If you did this then you could save space by
dispensing with the latest post sections under each coloured box category which also are of little use anyway.