67.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Surgeon recommendations to continue implant recon from expander stage - Manchester area

2 REPLIES 2
delly

Re: Request for Surgeon recommendations to continue implant recon from expander stage - Manchester a

Lizzy Darlin

Can I possiblky change/shorten the titling of my thread, to hopefully bump up any responses?? Could you please advise me how how I go about this??

Thanks in advance

Dellypoos!! Haha! xxx

Lizzy_BCC

Re: Request for Surgeon recommendations to continue implant recon from expander stage - Manchester a

Hi delly, 

I am really sorry to hear that you have been going through this difficult time but I know a lot of users have missed you on the forum and will be glad to see you. I am sure they will also be along soon to share their experiences and support.

Thank you for reminding our users that we are unable to share the names of health care professionals on the forum. I hope you have found support through private messages.

In the meantime, please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to answer any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

delly

Request for Surgeon recommendations to continue implant recon from expander stage - Manchester area

Hi Everybody,

I had expanders installed, March 2014 and the required expansions. Had the replacement with silicone op scheduled Sept same year, but it was cancelled. I then fell off the horse due to a severe mental slump/depression.

Initial op was carried out at W/Shawe, but I discovered afterwards, that it had been carried out by a trainee, although under the eye of my elected surgeon. But I suffered damage to the skin immediately beneath the fold due to excesive pressure, resulting in a band of unsightly broken veins that are also tender to pressure. Also, the level and positioning of the two breasts are uneven and unlevel. 

I insisted that the surgeon himself conducted the next op stages - replacement and the later nipple reconstruction, as I wasn't happy with being worked on by a trainee, it having taken me 8 years to reach an appropriate stage in my life to be able to have the recon surgery. Told him if it wouldn't be HIM doing it, I wanted to know so that I could seek treatment from another surgeon. The surgeon, an Onco-plastic, was more than agreeable to this and the expander replacement op was scheduled. But, as said, unfortunately it was cancelled a week before, followed by my mental decline.

Naturally, when I'd picked up mentally, I was keen to get back on the horse, but am hesitant to go back to W/shawe. The original well reputed lady surgeon, over in N. Manchester, that I originally wished to undertake the whole recon, but didn't follow up because I then moved 30 miles away, is now seriously ill and unlikely to return to her work.

I'm living in Macclesfield so I'm asking/ looking for recommendations ladies, from those of you in the MANCHESTER area, who have had Implant surgery + nipple recon also, and are pleased with their results. I'm not interested to undertake self tissue recon at all.

I'd be truly grateful, if you could please email me your recs, as the Forum doesn't like to have names mentioned in it's threads.

Thank You in advance and look forward to hearing from any fellows in this area

Dellywelly xxx