Restless legs at night

I am finding that I get restless legs at night around the time of my chemo and I am blaming the steroids that I take for the 3 days then. . It really does stop me from sleeping. Does anybody else suffer from this? Any tips for coping with it or alleviating the symptoms?

I only had first dose yesterday but I’m used to paying attention to the way my body acts (just the way I was bought up) and yes I do know what you mean.

I have a collie dog who can’t sit still for more than 15 mins at a time. Last night I was worse than him, woke up every hour on average until quite late this morning but tossing and turning and my legs felt heavy so had to keep shuffling them.

I just put it down to the steroids too. It did settle about 8am and started again about half an hour after I took my steroid tablet.

It’s not really bothering me as such but is a little disconcerting.

Is that similar to what you mean or different?

Angie

Yes, sounds similar. My legs feel taut in the back of the calves and I have to keep shuffling them to try and relieve the feeling. It is very fidgety. I did take a zanac but that did not not work. I eneded up walking round the house and having a mug of tea, walking around helped the legs but not my sleep!

I had it as well. I spoke to the oncologist who changed my anti sickness medication and I never had it again. Talk to the oncologist.

I have found that taking Tramadol at night on the days I have to take the steroids has helped a lot, and helps with sleep