Did you mean: 

Results day - nervous

32 REPLIES 32
Lizzie

Re: Results day - nervous

Thanks Ladybowler, will ring gp in the morning xo
Fee70

Yes flyingarcher we will xxx and I will be here if you need a chat or to "compare notes" xx I'm just gonna take it a day at a time for now, the bcn looked at my swelling today and said it should just gradually reduce but oh my goodness it's got bigger and very much more painful. I've taken more painkillers and I'm in bed I'll have to see how it is in the morning and maybe go back. So not celebrations for me just yet but I will! Xx

Thank you Anniej, Lizzie, Helena, optimist, Ann-m and Patriciamay xxx also hugs to anyone I've missed out your comments are all so lovely and positive xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Lizzie

You can always get your GP to sign you off for a couple of weeks to give you chance to heal more, certainly until after you know what your treatment going forward is going to be.  My boss made me have 6 weeks off, I wanted to go back after two but she was adament. Must admit I needed the 4 weeks for sure.

Dont know if you have an Occupational health Dept but if so it would be worth getting a referral made to them so that they can put something together for your rads.  I was lucky I worked through mine but only 3 days a week 4 hours a day but only only on the understanding that if I was struggling I was to tell them so that they could sort something out.

Yay that is a way to celebrate enjoy xxx

Lizzie

Great news ladies, congratulations.  I also got my results this evening and its,all good, nothing found in my lymph nodes and clear margins.  They didn't have all my results so unsure 're the oestrogen/progesterone part of it but will find out next week.  Such a relief.  Will find out what's next 're radiotherapy/ medication next week .                                                  In theory I can go back to work now but in my head (not to mention my boon and arm) I don't feel ready - the consultant whom I'd never met before  said I was fine to go to work.  He didn't examine me in any way - told me to contact the breast care nurse about my arm.  Would welcome some advice.                                                                                                            We cracked open a bottle of champagne - first drink I've had for weeks, tasted very good.  Feeling very lucky.

Optimissy64

Great news Fee! Onwards and upwards. xxxx

Flyingarcher

😄😄😄😄 Fee.  Looks like we will be going through radiotherapy together.   I've had sloe gin and wine (not simultaneously) this evening and I don't care.  I am allowing myself a worry free evening.  I've also told big boss that I'm not in next week.  I owe it to my family to be completely well for our holiday.  

Fee70

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments xxx hugs to all xxx
ann-m
Community Champion

Fantastic news, Fee.
As Helena says, rads is fine - oddly, I quite enjoyed the experience!
Just bear in mind, that those having issues with side effects tend to post about tamoxifen, so I did find that reading the hormone treatment thread did increase my anxiety, leading me to overthink it.
As it turned out I've been fine on tamox & many of us are. So it's just about taking it, seeing how you go & dealing with any side effect issues if they arise.
ann x
Anniej
Community Champion

Fee, what an excellent piece of news, I am so pleased for you. X

Patriciamay

Fee wonderful

you never think your going to get there, it's onward now. Xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Fee

Absolutely one step at a time, you have got plenty of time to gen up on the next steps, just relish in that fact that you have got through this part.  I know I always say it but small milestones/targets are the best and less stressful.

I did the same, I got so much help and support from the ladies who were ahead of me and it was amazing, that is why i wanted to give something back and support those ladies who came after me, and I am sure you will be a tremendous help

Helena xxx

Fee70

Thank you so much Helena, I havent got ahead of myself and tried to do what you all said when I first became a member of this forum and it's really kept me sane! One step at a time .. and that's how I will continue forward slowly and try not to overthink. I don't know much about the radiotherapy but I will now look at the threads regarding it and will post on progress etc and I hope to offer as much support as I can on here to other newly diagnosed members as without the help of you and others I'd had gone off the deep end on many occasions! I'm so grateful for this forum and all of its lovely helpful and caring members. Xxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Fee

Oh that is really great news no wonder you feel a weight has been lifted, I am so so happy for you.

That was the same with me, I had 20 sessions of radiotherapy and am on tamoxifen for the next 5 years.  I promise you the radiotherapy is very doable, it is more the travelling to and from every day for 4 weeks that takes it out of you, so take up any offers of friends/family taking you as it will help.  You will need to moisturise well 3 times a day whilst having rads and make sure that you take in plenty of fluids in order to counter the effects of the dehydration that the rads can cause.

When you are ready post on the Going Through Treatment, radiotherapy thread as you will get loads of help, information and support.

Sending you a lovely hug

Helena xxx

Fee70

Hi all xxx

The doctor said they got clear margins and no nodes involved 😀 So I need to wait for oncologist appointment now I've to get radiotherapy and was given a letter for gp to prescribe Tamoxifen for 5 years I think he said. I've also to get yearly checks now I asked about the mammograms because my mammogram was clear so he said they would possibly have to scan or ultrasound as well. I feel like a weight has been lifted and although I'm obviously concerned about the prospect of radiotherapy I feel very lucky xxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Flyingarcher

That is brilliant news I am so happy for you.  The remainder of your treatment is very doable, think it might be a good time to celebrate mate

Helena xxxx

Optimissy64

Great news Flyngarcher-glad you made the right decison and it's come out good. You're on the home stretch now. xxx

Flyingarcher

Got my results.  HER2 negative (yippeeee) as had been borderline.  Tumour was bigger so 23 mm but she cleared all the margins.  Thankfully I didn't go for the partial reconstruct thingie just the straight forward lump out as if I had, I would have had to have mastectomy.  Thankful that I listened to my gut instinct on that one.

i micromet on first node fbut she'd cleared out six nodes (she thought she'd only done three but pathologist said six).   So no more clearance needed there.

happy with movement but got to keep an eye on boob scar.

so cancer all gone and radiotherapy for three weeks and hormone tabs for five years.  Hopefully, that will be that.

hope everone else has had an equally happy results session and there were no unexpected surprises.

feelthefear

Thanks Helena. At times like these where would we be if we didn't look on the bright side. Xxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Ladies

good luck with your results today xxxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

feelthefear

I am loving the positivity of your post, yep its there, but it is better than first thought, you have a treatment plan which I truely believe is a big help towards the acceptance of what is happening and as you say onwards and upwards

Sending you a hug

Helena xxxx

feelthefear

To be honest it was more or less what I was expecting. They originally thought the invasive was 10 cm, so I suppose 5 is better. I've been told the lymph nodes isn't too much to stress about as they've been doing their job picking up the rogue cells. Apparently there's around a 5% chance it may if spread further so the odds are in my favour. I'm just trying to keep the CT anxiety at bay. I'm oestrogen positive and HER negative so I know now the tamoxifen will benefit me which is a relief.
Onwards and upwards. X
Lizzie

Goodness Feel the Fear - yes, thank goodness you got checked. It looks like a very comprehensive treatment plan. I imagine that was a lot to take in - but they are definitely 'on it'! Stay strong and be kind to yourself.xo
Lizzie

Absolutely - thank you xo
Lizzie

Wishing you the best possible outcome too xo
feelthefear

Wishing I yous good luck ladies. Hopefully you won't need it. Mine was yesterday. 5cm of invasive. 16cm of non invasive. (Good job I got checked out when I did) and 7 lymph nodes out of 28. CT scan next. Then 18 weeks of FEK-T, the. 3 weeks or radiotherapy. Then tamoxifen for ten years. What a list. 😳 X
Anniej
Community Champion

Good luck ladies. I think this is the worst bit, just waiting. I can remember the strangest relief when I got my results could then have a plan and get on with it. Stay strong. X

Fee70

Thank you xx
Jobey68

Best of luck ladies, whatever the news nothing is worse than the limbo your in right now! Xx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Good luck ladies !!!
Fee70

Got to get mine today today as well, so worried about it, been up most of night and dreaming the rest, woke up crying twice 🙁 Hope all goes well for you and any others getting results today xx
Den64

Fingers and everything crossed for you xx

queenbee

Hope it's all positive news xxx
Lizzie

Results day - nervous

Results day today - find out what's what this afternoon.  Been awake since 3.30! Nervous but feeling positive. 

Fingers crossed for others with review meeting coming up xo