Results from axillary node clearance and fed up.

Went yesterday to get results from AND. 6 out of 13 nodes affected. Suddenly everything seems daunting. 6 chemo sessions FEC-T, 3 weeks radiotherapy, 10 years hormone therapy!! Don’t know why but am really fed up ( oh yes I do know why I have got xxxxxxxx cancer!).The mountain seems high and I am at the bottom. I knew I was going to have chemo but I suppose a little bit of me was hoping it was only in one or 2 nodes and they talked about only EC, and nobody has spoken of radiotherapy! I will be better in a couple of days when I have had a bit of time to absorb it all and process it. Just feel really down. Problem is hubby down as well and have to pick him up!!! He ’ s just helped me through the surgery, think he has glimpsed the future ! Sigh! I have to get that positive vibe back its disappeared.

Hi Mooney

<li-spoiler> </li-spoiler>

So sorry to read that the results weren’t as you’d hoped. 

Just wanted to say that I know it’s hugely daunting right at the start, but the way I’m getting through it is to take one day at a time and also one treatment at a time. Otherwise it’s just too much. My nodes were clear, but because it was grade 3 cancer, I still had to have chemo. And it’s not as bad as you might think. Currently having radiotherapy and again it’s ok.

You will get through it and look after yourself x

Thanks Sue, good advice. Baby steps. Feeling a bit better today, in planning and coping mode! Hope all is going well with the radiotherapy, hugs to you. Xxx

I so understand how you feel.

My lymph node clearance showed 10 out of 15, and I was distraught.

I was totally not expecting that.

My MX only showed tiny cancerous calcifications, no discernible lumps so to get the lymph node results is devastating.

My treatment plan hasn’t been finalised yet as some path results are outstanding,  but I know I have a mountain to climb and many chemo sessions ahead.

I’ve sort of got my head round it, what other choice do I have?

Like yours,  my husband is terrified and I’m having to be strong for him, when all I really want to do is scream and shout ‘why me?’

I’ve decided to take control of things that I can.

Tomorrow I’m having my long hair cut short, pixie style as I can’t bear the thought of waking up to clumps of hair on my pillow.

I’m starting acupuncture as I’ve heard it can be helpful in combating the nausea and vomiting.

We have to fight - I’m not ready for the alternative yet.

God bless and message me if you need a friend. Xxx