Results monday....scared

Had MX no reconstruction last week. Dressing off today. I had high grade dcis 87mm. Results Monday and scared more nasties will have been found . They took two lymph nodes for biopsy. Waiting is horrible. Does high grade large mean more likely to have further treatment I wonder ??? Hugs to all brave people xx

It will all depend on the results of your pathology - if good margins and nodes clear and no invasive then you should not require any further treatment if your diagnosis is still DCIS. I had high grade DCIS and snb mx with immediate recon.  nodes clear, margins good, no further treatment just yearly mamo on good boob and appointment with surgeon to check recon for next five years.  Hoping your results are good and you can relax and continue with your recovery.  Good luck

I too am awaiting results. I had a left mx with reconstruction last Monday. I’ve been diagnosed with pre-invasive dcis after having a lumpectomy with no clear margins. I too am awaiting results from the mastectomy, and am hoping that things don’t change.

The waiting is the worst, and there’s nothing anyone can say you ease it. I am seeing my consultant on Thursday but have been told my results may not be back.

Good luck for yours xxxx

Thanks. Yes I was told that there is a one in five chance of further treatment of radiotherapy or hormone therapy.so guess just need to wait. Went to get dressing changed today and seeing MX scar caused a few tears. But still. Could be so much worse…

I’m in similar situation I think but a bit further back - mx and sln on right plus surgical biopsy on left scheduled for next week then results about two weeks after. At the minute I can’t think much past the op but sure I’ll be anxious once I’m getting nearer the follow up appointments. Hope all goes well for you x