Results of mri

Results show invasive lobular cancer ER+ in right breast booked in for 12 July to have a wire thingy fitted in readiness for lumpectomy and removal of a lymph gland on 13 July they still not sure what going on with left but definitely calcification so the will do a further biopsy at same time as lumpectomy then will have 15 sessions of radiotherapy surgeon (who looks about age 12 lol) was lovely and so encouraging that my anxiety has significantly decreased bit I’m sure it will tear its ugly head again ? Prescribed sleeping tablets from gp took one last night did eventually sleep but wide awake again at stupid o’clock - so all in all thought things went well yesterday and looking forward to kicking this cancers a55 on 13 July xx

Jojums

Nearly 9 months ago I had a WLE (wide local excision) lumpectomy and SNB (sentinel node biopsy this year.  I am back leading my normal life, playing bowls, working and being very grateful for that routine mammogram that found the very small (17mm) tumour.  As I am ER+ I take a hormone blocking tablet every day fo 5 years, which is s small price to pay to have had Mr Blobby (as I called my cancer) removed and to keep his spots away.

No wonder you could nto sleep you have had a lot to go through and take in over the last weeks, but you have a plan now and that will give you and those around you confidence.

Wire is an aid to easily locating the tumour and does not hurt.

Fingers crossed that the biopsy on the left breast proves to be nothing.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

hi Jojums,
Yes, my treatment was similar & was back to normal
after a few months. I was also er+, so am on hormone treatment - tamoxifen, which I’ve been fine on.
Anxiety does subside once things are in place, so hopefully the anxiety monster of the early days of diagnosis will not rear its head again, although it may occasionally grumble.
It will soon be gone!
ann x

Hi Jojums. I call my surgeon ‘the 12 year old in the suit’, might change it to Doogie Howser, ? xxx

Here is link to a pic of him …
google.je/search?client=safari&hl=en-gb&ei=Qj1YWcWREeTfgAbj9q3YBg&q=baby+in+a+suit&oq=baby+in+a+suit&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3…0l4j0i22i30k1.56493.63291.0.64134.36.29.0.8.8.0.319.2663.21j6j0j1.28.0…0…1.1.64.mobile-gws-serp…20.16.802.3…41j0i67k1.f9WQEY9yekY#imgrc=-bg6N0tENOq9IM:

???mygel2 that’s so funny ??? my surgeon is female and doesn’t look old enough to sit a,levels never mind go thru med school ??

Full on laughing Michelle ???xxx

Crying laughing at this post humour defo best medicine then crying loads thinking why me how selfish is that

Jojums we all have our why me moments but my cousin said to me ‘in life you are only given what you are strong enough to handle’ so we are kick a55 strong women and can do this x one friend said to me why you of all people and my response was okay so who instead ? We can all do this x