Results of second WLE

Hi

I got the results of my re-excision today and the surgeon has now got clear margins…yay! No chemo needed so an appointment with the oncologist in a couple of weeks to sort out rads and to tell me which hormone therapy I’ll be having. I needed a blood test today to check if I’ve gone through the menopause. I thought I had but I had 3 periods earlier this year (complete with sore boobs and period pains.)

Bumping this into latest posts for Maggiemay

Yay!!! Well done that surgeon You must be very relieved Maggie, and another box ticked. Good luck with the rads xxx

Hi Maggie, another stage over . I had two WLE’s then 15 rads and put on Anastrozole. Knowing it was just rad treatment and tabs was a relief so you must be positive and move onto next stage. I had to wait eight weeks instead of the six recommended as our local oncology unit was so busy so don’t be surprised if same for you as a few ladies have said same has happened for them. Best wishes, Katy.

Good for you Maggie, I hope the rest of this journey i smore plain sailing for you. My mum just had RAds and hormone therapy and is doing fine xxx

Thank you everyone. The support on here is fantastic xx

Hi Maggiemay
I have had exactly the same as you- two WLE’S , SNB with no involvement , and just finished 15 rads, plus Tamoxifen
For five years. Feeling in no man’s land at the moment, everyone thinks I am cured and expects me to be back to normal.
Takes time, and it will be awhile before I can feel that I can be ‘me’ again. The treatments were all do- able, everyone I met on my journey was kindness itself.
Feeling a bit sorry for myself today, my skin is starting to break down under the affected breast. As it is a Sunday, can’t seem to find anyone to advise me as to how to manage the skin problem.
Good luck with your treatment, you will be fine- sending you a hug xx
Jenny