Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Results

84 REPLIES 84
Sam34

Re: Results

Jencat

CK, I know cutting your hair today must have been difficult for you and hope you're alright and still ok from chemo. Sending a hug xx

Jencat

Sorry you had a horrible day Xena, hope you've had a better one today. Thank you very much for your good wishes. Unfortunately I still didn't sleep well even although I was tired! I told my brain it didn't needed to think about bc for a while, but it didn't seem to get the message! xx

Jencat

Thank you very much Donna for your good wishes xxx

Jencat

Thank you Sib, I feel like a weight has been lifted and grateful too. How are you doing/ xx

Jencat

Thank you Ali. I thought I'd sleep well, but I still didn't manage to. I'm in school tomorrow though, so I reckon I will do after that! How are you? xx

Jencat

Thank you so much Jill and for your support xx

Jencat

Thank you so much Ann, yes the uncertainty was awful and my mind was working overtime. I feel I can relax for a bit now xx

Jencat

Cassie, thank you so much for your kind words, it was such a relief when the consultant said the scans were clear, I'd convinced myself otherwise.

Really hope you also receive good results tomorrow, thinking of you xx

Jencat

Yes Helena, I felt like I was walking on air when I was told (unofficially) that my bone scan was clear Smiley Happy xx

Jencat

Thanks for your good wishes Rosie x So sorry you're still waiting to find out treatment, it's such a stressful time xx

Jencat

Thanks for your kind words CK. Meant to reply to you yesterday, but I was so tired-think it's because I could relax after 3 weeks of worrying. How are you doing? xx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Fingers and toes crossed Sue!!!!
SueW

Got here early because traffic wasn't as bad as I anticipated and guess what consultant is running late and my appointment not til 4.15 anyway eek 😬 x
Mygel2

I did exactly the same when told there was lymph node involvement ..... went straight to shop and bought pack of cigs!!! Stupid but needed my crutch at that time. Fingers crossed it sticks this time. Still love cigarettes but sick of smoking and fed up of the cost! Xxx
SueW

It is a refivac I am having but I have got a drain Dollie ready to carry it about x I stopped smoking in May before diagnosis and use an ecig but 0 nicotine x I did smoke when told lymph node involvement had 3 cigarettes but didn't enjoy them to be fair xx I believe mine is a 1 night stay thanks to in out policy lol always someone waiting for your bed xx
Mygel2

Yes, have two drains. One is like a catheter bag style and that will stay in for up to one week. The other is what they call a redivac drain, so basically a suction bottle. Neither are causing me any bother other than having to remember to pick them up when I go walkabouts πŸ˜‚ I was told 3 - 5 days inpatient but the average is 3 days. My surgeon said I could potentially go home after 2 days if I was happy with drain (he knows I'm a nurse and I guess that means I'm sensible rofl 🀣) but after review this morning the redivac drain has drained more than they expected so it has to stay in and they will review it tomorrow ( normally it would have come out today). I'm in no hurry to go home as I live alone and also I'm quitting smoking (I know, unclean, unclean!!), less temptation whilst I'm in hospital. I've been using efag for last few weeks but I've now transitioned to the patches. I did it once before after an op, and managed 8 months before I was led astray by the Irish, πŸ˜‚

Good to hear you are still on for results for today, still got everything crossed for you.

They are the same exercises as last time but didn't do them last time as had full movement within 24 hours. Seen the physio this morning and she said absolutely no moving it above shoulder level for next 10 days (even if I feel able) slow and steady wins the race apparently.
Michele xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

I think they normally have these meetings first thing .My stuff from Lush is arriving today -gonna try it and Valerian tablet !!! Worth a try !!!
SueW

Jill I just been to boots they got the pillow spray on offer that Helena was telling us all about 5.99 for spray but buy 2 get 3rd free x
SueW

Consultant clinic starts at 2 so suppose they might still be in meeting x
Jill1998
Community Champion

I guess they would have rung you by now ?
SueW

Haven't had s cancellation call so fingers crossed x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Fingers crossed they discuss you this morning Sue .
SueW

Got to go in for 1 so afternoon surgery so will be overnight stay x are they same exercises as after last surgery ? I still know all mine x have you got a drain I know it sounds silly with everything else going on but the drain really worries me . I don't think everyone has onco test from what others have said x
Mygel2

Lol Sue ...... so know that forgetful feeling.  Physio went through excersises with me an hour ago and have forgotten them already, lmao.  First op was 1st August (WLE & SNB).  2nd op yesterday, cavity shave and ANC (2 out of 3 nodes positive on SNB).  Won't know if chemo necessary until results of ANC back.  Unfortunately they don't offer the Oncotype test here (although you can pay for it privately, defo cant afford it though).  Are you going in tomorrow morning? xxx

SueW

Who is having what even silly phone again x
SueW

Michelle get well soon Hun didn't realise you had your op x was it your 1st and 2nd ? I lose track of who is ha big what when but doesn't mean I am not concerned x just forgetful x
Mygel2

Sue, had mine last night and I am suprisingly comfortable.  Arm is achy and feel bruised but not in pain.  My only issue is they don't do enough tea rounds on this ward Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL xxx

SueW

Ha ha thanks ladies x pants packed ready for tomorrow πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Jencat

PS Sue, I'm crossing everything for you and passing on Helena's big pants! (don't worry, they're washed and dried!) xx

Jencat

Sue, thinking of you and really hope you get your CT scan results today. Waiting for results is horrible. Thinking of you too for tomorrow and sending you a big hug xx

Mygel2

Sue ......... Fingers crossed you get your appointment and you get good results xxx

Mygel2

Walking Dead is so good.  They have also done a spin off series called 'Fear The Walking Dead' which is quite good.  Annd of course 'Game of Thrones' is not to be missed.

The streaming site I use is:

https://solarmoviez.to/

Unfortunately some of the UK internet providers block these sites so I am just waiting for my cousin to let me know which sites she uses as she is in the UK.  Streaming sites mean you don't have to download but if you do want to download you'll need the following program:

http://www.utorrent.com/#comp-tbl

Download the free version.

And then you can download from:

https://thepiratebay.org/

If you are using the streaming site, NEVER download anything!  Sometimes you get popups and have to keep closing them until the video plays. If you have any trouble working it just give me a shout.

All the best ladies xxx

SueW

Ct scan appointment at 4.15 as long as they get to discuss me at MDT this morning xx nurse said if they don't my appointment will be cancelled so I get everything crossed as that's the last thing I want x
CK

SueW
I'm sending you some energy for today's results.xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

CK -good luck - hopefully not too upsetting for you but good that you are being proactive with it .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Sue -I've sent for some " sleepy " but not arrived yet .What results are you waiting on still ?
CK

Hi SueW
Will check my messages and no haven't got round to seeing that series so see what Mygel2 has in store.

Jilly
I'm having a number 2 as my chemo nurse advised as shaving could damage my follicles and regrowth. Then let the shorter hairs fall out. I have a conditioned satin nightcap ready for tonight which will help the scalp too.x

Cherry B
It makes it so much easier when you are comfortable with where you are being treated.
I'm going to Macclesfield Hospital where the BC team are amazing so didn't change to anywhere else.xx
SueW

Jill did you get any dream cream or lavender mist or anything too ? I woke up anxious last night (probably because of results today) but topped up my dream cream and was back asleep in about 10 minutes I think x hopefully the valerian will work for you too xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Sue ,I haven't tried the Valerian yet -I'm gonna try it tonight .Last night woke up at 3am with pounding heart but did eventually get back to sleep for a couple of hours.Trying the Valerian tonight and hoping it helps .
SueW

Ck box sets have you seen the walking dead πŸ’€ I resisted for ages then watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 and was hooked I then spent a month playing catch up now I am up to date I hate having to wait for the new season Xx
SueW

Jill have you managed to sleep any better yet? Xx
Ck I have already messaged you but good luck for today x
CK

Mygel2
I'm trying not to overdo it. I'm just at home doing a bit of this and that, nothing heavy. It's difficult when I've been non stop for many years. I've been watching some TV until I get distracted and it would be good if you could pass on those download series please.xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

How are you doing today CK ? Good luck with your hair cutting - hope it's not too upsetting for you -are you going for a cut or having a number 2 ?
CK

Morning Zena
I hope you have a better day today and all my other ladies too. It's funny how we miss each other now more than our friends...or so called friends!!!.xxx
SueW

Michelle your post made me giggle and thank you for good wishes I don't mind confessing I am anxious

Xena what wrong 😒 Hope today is better for you

Jencat hope you slept better last night

Cherry I now envision you with Michelle's caterpillar eyebrow 🀣🀣🀣

Everybody else have a fabulous day x
Mygel2

Fantastic news Jen, so happy for you πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ As reassurance regarding the Kidney, my stepmom had to have a full physical for her mortgage when she was 45 and they found she had a duplex kidney, never caused her problems and still doesn't. Xxx

CK so glad the chemo hasn't knocked you sideways. Hope you don't overdo it though. Take time to chill and catch up on a good series. I can recommend a few free sites online where you can watch a few series from start to finish πŸ˜€ Xxx

Sue W, glad to hear your feeling a bit better after some Mum therapy. Cake is always a great pick me up too! πŸ˜‚ Mahoosive good luck for results today β€οΈπŸ€ Xxx

Rosie, glad to hear you won't need the chemo. Sorry to hear ovaries need sorting. I had zoladex treatment to shut down my ovaries several years ago, prior to having them removed. I personally found it horrible, very bad mood swings, everything evened out after the ovaries were removed though. Some women breeze through zoladex though and maybe it affected me so badly because I have suffered with depression in the past. Good luck with whatever you choose xxxx

Cherry, your πŸ› eyebrows did make me chuckle. Seeing some of the eyebrows some girls are sporting nowadays I think you need to go for to large black rectangles and you'll be on point!!!! πŸ˜‚

Whyte, massive good luck wishes β€οΈπŸ€ for your results on Thursday xxx

Love to all Michele xxx
Xena75

Sorry I'm late to the party, had a horrible day! 

Jencat- that's brilliant news! You will defo sleep well tonight!

CherryBakewell

I think we're very lucky to be living where we are, Ali. My GP said it wouldn't matter where I was living in the world or how wealthy I was, as the breast cancer treatment in the city is world class. I think its official rating (hospital equivalent of OFSTED) is outstanding. And obviously Clatterbridge is a centre of excellence for cancer, so that'll do for me. I think that's probably why I'm focusing less on the efficacy of the treatment and more on the superficial aspects.

We're all very lucky that we have the NHS at our disposal. Look how things used to be in the USA before Obamacare - people would get a cancer diagnosis and often lose their home or go bankrupt just to fund their treatment. Sadly it may go back to being like that if Trump has his way... 

Ali49

I totally know what you mean about shaving Cherry. I have short jair so going to have it cut shorter again and wait until i know i have to take more drastic action. I attend the breast unit at Aintree and i'm hoping i can have my treatment there. They did say that i may have to go to clatterbridge to see oncologist though xx