Results

Hi everyone, first of all just wanted to say a really big thanks to you all for all the support you’ve given me for today. I must say waiting for my results have been the most scary 3 weeks and you’ve all helped to keep me sane xx

So I went to the hospital this morning, I didn’t want to go, but ED said she’d take me in my dressing gown to get my results if needs be! :smileyhappy: Anyway good news, both scans were clear and the cancer has gone :smileyhappy:  I haven’t got to have another op as the lymph nodes left seem to be ok (there’s 1 by my breast they’re going to keep an eye on, but consultant’s not worried as she said chemo will deal with it) They did discover on the CT scan that I’ve got a duplex kidney-a kidney on top of another, so I’ve sort of got 3! Apparently it’s quite rare! (not a problem as I’ve lived with it this long and not even known)

I’ve got to have chemo, which will be starting in 3/4 weeks time, but in the meantime it’s ok for me to continue working as I don’t get overtired. Easier said than done teaching 4-7 year olds!

Not sure that I’m having radiotherapy as well as chemo now, which I was worried about, but bc nurse said I might not need it. I think it depends how chemo goes. 

I was meant to go into school tomorrow, but I’ve asked my head if I can work on Thursday instead as today’s been very emotional and I haven’t been sleeping well. I think it will be good for me to have a day where I haven’t got to think about bc or work!

I know having chemo won’t be easy, but I’m just so relieved that my scan results were fine as I’d convinced myself that they wouldn’t be! xxx

Jencat

Oh that is brilliant news I am so so pleased for you.  Yes you have a journey ahead of you but so much has been sorted today that you can now start to look forward.

Well done perhaps time for a little celebration tonight :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sending you loads of hugs

Helena xxx

Meant to say as long as I don’t get overtired! Brain not working properly! :smileyhappy: xx

Thrilled for you, Jencat!! Great to hear you can carry on working too, I really think it’s so beneficial to have something to keep your mind from dwelling on stuff - and a horde of 4-7 years olds will definitely do the trick!! Xx 

HOORAY so bloody happy for you jencat xxxx yes you got to have treatment but I know how anxious you have been xxx much love :heart:

Jencat
That’s as good as it can get! So pleased for you and the Chemo is a must for the overkill.
Glad a big weight off your chest and you can relax now. Even though there’s more treatment to come at soon as you get your treatment plan you can start to prepare and be in control.
Chemo for the first two days has been manageable for me. We don’t know what’s in store but a strong mind will help towards your recovery.
Nice to have an extra day off and try to chillax.xx

Cherry b
How have you been? Have you sorted your attire out yet? How was the weekend with BF.x

My mom came over gave me a hug and a kick up the butt as only a mom can and 1 of my friends from work come to see me lunchtime and another at the end of training day … normally they would have come together but I think they split up to check on me twice x feel much better now thank you x just hope I get my ct results tomorrow as long as they don’t call to cancel I got to be there at 4.15 xx ?

Cherry I really am rofl at your comment x I did buy the stick on eyebrows at wig shop x I expected to go there and come out really upset and in a strop because I couldn’t find anything but instead I came out with 2 wigs, eyebrows and a great big smile xx happy wig hunting xx

That’s brilliant news Jencat. I bet it’s such a huge weight off your mind.

I have my CT and bone scan results on Thursday so two more days to go!

Cassie x

Cherry just don’t go for a monobrow if it slips down will look like a moustache lol x

Great news Jencat.Sleep well tonight !!!

I have never heard of an onco type score will we all get one ? Xx
Rosie glad you had some good news xx

Delighted for you Jencat. I bet you feel.a huge weight has been lifted. Sleep well tonight! Xxx
Cherrybakewll i am curious which city you are in ?

Great news Jencat, we all ,I think, feared our aches and pains were something else. Chemo is doable and it’s what we need to do to give us the best possible outcome. Hope you sleep better. Xx

Same city as me! Where are you being treated?

That’s where I’m from originally too but I’ve been in ThatLondon for several years now.

Cherry, don’t worry too much about getting the brows sorted immediately. They were the last thing to go with me. I was way over half way before they started to disappear. 

Ruth xx

Thanks for explanation ? I would volunteer to take a sample to California I am sure if the sun is shining there I would benefit from the vitamin d x

So pleased to hear the news JenCat. Take it easy for a few days.

Love & hugs to all

Donna xx

<Empty imported post>