Returning to work after surgery

Hi

i had my WLE and node removal on the 9th September and took the following 3 weeks of work. I returned to work on a phased return last Monday with the plan that I would try to do full time this week as I wait (never ending) for my Oncotype results. 

By 2pm each day I am really struggling with an achy back and shoulder on the side I had the op and my breast gets really tender again. It’s almost as if someone flicks a switch and I have to go home. I think I’ve narrowed it down to using the keyboard which I’ve moved into different positions on my desk but it makes no difference. I’ve also adjusted my seat but that’s no use either. 

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I’m still doing my exercises every day and have good movement and can drive. Maybe I’m just trying to do too much too soon. 

Beth

Hi Beth123, 

I am sorry you have been experiencing a achy back and shoulder. I am sure some of our users will be along to share and support. 

In the meantime you can always call our helplineon 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the pain you have been experiencing and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

You have had surgery…I think you are being hard on yourself.Maybe reduce your hours,or when you are home,completely rest.Very early days…?