Returning to work - new career - teaching assistant

HI there everyone, I have had a struggle with physical strength since having my reconstrution in 2010 not helped by the fact that my boss made me redundant whilst recovering from my Cancer just prior to my having reconstruction op! I used to work as a P.A. but have decided to go back to work as a Teaching Assistant and have completed my level 2 and I am on track for Level 3- I have also done a Team Teach course and passed.
I am reallllllllllllllllllly in dire straits financially and would love to find employment part-time
has anyone else similar situation and advice please - I live in Manchester
I dont think some people understand what living with Cancer and afterwards can entail.
Due to my situation at the moment I am feeling extremely low and just know that if i got employment the turnaround would be 100% and change my life!!!
sorry to bore you all!

Hi Feline

In addition to the support and shared experiences you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your queries and concerns over, our team are here to offer you practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care

Lucy

Hi Feline
I am still off work too :frowning: not good when I am single! My job is very physical I worked in a sheltered scheme for elderly people which involves personal care for tenants, and the use of hoists etc. I had a 1st surgery in July 2012 followed by a mx anc in August 2012. At first it was ok had full pay for 6months then went on to half now just on employment support allowance. I dont know when I will be able to go back to work as I intend having a reconstruction, also I have had big problems with side effects from the drugs, which I have just changed with the hope of improvements soon! I can understand you feeling low I feel the same a lot of days :frowning: But well done for doing your training :slight_smile: You deserve a new opportunity to come your way fingers crossed for you.

Hi there Feline!
I empathise because I have been made redundant twice before in the past and it is rubbish! I too live in Manchester and am recovering from breast cancer. I work as a TA and I am looking forward to going back to work in September. You need to apply for as many TA jobs as you can to get your foot in the door and you will love it because children are the best medicine! Best of luck! xxx