Returning to work

I am returning to work soon after being off for six months following breast cancer diagnosis. I am going back on a phased return and would be interested to hear from anyone who has gone through this especially in regard to how long it took to get back full time x

Hi, i would say this is a how long is a piece of string question. I have found the teturn to work very difficult physically and mentally. I have had a prolonged phased return to work, with a further operation within this time too.
Be kind to yourself, listen to your body. Speak with your workplace and keep notes of all conversations.
Good luck, i wish you a happy seamless transition back.
LL xx

Take it easy girls and listen to your body. I only work 16 hours a week but just as I finished rads it really hit me.  Now, just getting odd day of feeling zonked. For me, I found it helped to be amongst people and the girls I work with have been great. I  lady been through bc twice and now 10 years on she’s doing ok. She has been a great help to me and sometimes it’s not easy to talk about it. So, enjoy your return but, go easy! Let us know how you get on. Lol xxxxx

Went back to work 3days aftert. Treatment. Doing 41 hours a week. 2 nights. U just got to get over it

For most people you dont just get over it!!! Mentally and physically I needed all of my six months away from work. I was and still am to a certain extent in shock with what has happened, so I am still taking it one step at a time. Congrats to you for being able to tackle it so quickly x

I went back on a phased return, built my hours up over 4 weeks starting mornings only, but I’m not full time anyway. Very tired first few days but now back to normal hours and going fine! Good luck! X