Rib pain

Rib pain

Rib pain Hi everyone,

Just taken some painkillers.
I have very sore ribs which feel bruised. Have not put my bra on today because of it.
I have soreness at the top of my shoulder where my bra strap fits again it feel bruised and tender.
Has anyone else had this?
It may just be lymphodema.
My treatment ended September last year so four months down the line after treatment has finished.

Love to you all,
Jugsy

Publications Hi Jugsy

Sorry to hear you are sufferring some pain. I have posted beloew the link to the publications produced by breast cancer care on lymphodema.

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/Breast Cancer Care_lymph06_0.pdf

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/reducing_risk_of_
lymphoedema_0.pdf

I hope these are of some help to you.

Kind regards
On-line Host

Rib pain Hi,

I have rib pain in the area where I had rads. It feels very tender when you press on it. Did you have rads?

Sonya

Yes Sonya I had chemo then rads.
I will look on the link posted for lymphodema.
I just wonder if it eventually goes away or is it something we have to live with?
Thanks for your reply.
Jugsy

Me too I have had really bad pain in my ribs for the last 3 or 4 weeks too. My shoulder blade is really quite tender aswell. . Finished rads beginning of december. Went to see gp last week about returning to work (this week!!!) and asked her about it. She said to take painkillers and to ask surgeon at my next appointment, which is in march, as she doesn’t really deal with anything to do with rads!!

Don’t really want to ring BCN as i’ve not spoken to her since october, and don’t want to bother her with something that is probably normal, but the pain is bad enough at times that i have to take my bra off just to get a bit of relief.

Rib Pain I got rib pain after my radiotherapy, but it didn’t really affect me until 7 months after the treatment. I was quite worrried about it and I was glad I was due to see my oncologist.

She was unconcerned about it and said it should go away.

It did ease in a few weeks.

I would have liked to have been told that it could be a possible side effect of radiotherapy, after my treatment.

Pollyanna

Feeling a little easier today.
Been checking the websites recommended.
It may just come and go. I hope it eventually lessens.
Perhaps I was just a little under the weather.
Thanks for your reply.
Jugsy