Rib removal?!

Hello all,
I haven’t posted for ages, just because I’ve been hectic with other stuff. Sending warm and gentle hugs to you all. I started to read through previous posts but I don’t think I have much I can add other than I really do empathise and send my very best thoughts. The unknown, the waiting, pain, sweats…! I’m sorry everyone who’s having a particularly tough time at the moment.
I’m really sorry to stomp in but in the very off chance…
I wondered if anyone has had or has heard of having a rib removed? My mets are only in one place at the moment (one of my ribs), I have a meeting with a surgeon on Wednesday who has suggested he cited remove the rib.
I had an unsuccessful biopsy a week or so ago (they couldn’t get samples because it was getting too close to puncturing my lung apparently).
I have no idea about this surgery and I can’t find a thing about it for secondary breast cancer anywhere.
Please don’t feel obliged to respond! I’m okay and I think other people on here at the mo need more support than I do. I’d just love to hear from anyone that has anything to say on this?!
Thanks all xxxx

Hello Stripey. I’m afraid I have no experience of this, nor heard of it before. However, I think if I were in your situation (such localised recurrence), I would be tempted to go for the op. In my opinion (for what is is worth!), I think anything that you gives you a chance of getting rid of a met is worth taking. Of course, you will have to listen to advice from the experts - are you in a position to withstand major surgery, a general anaesthetic, etc.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Hugs. Barton.x

Stripey, I have not heard anything on this.I think I would want a second opinion. The thing that sends a red flag up for me, is the fact that they were concerned about your lung with just a biopsy. What are the concerns with the surgery. Are they saying this is a chance at a cure? Just ask lots if questions! HUGS! FF

Thank you girls, you’re really kind to get back to me about this, I don’t know how I missed your replies before. Xxxxx
I had a PET scan last week and the rib resection is going ahead on Dec 1st, no sign of anything anywhere else so hopefully this could buy me some time. It will at least be a useful biopsy.
Axx