Ribbon Walk Volunteering

Hello everyone
Last year a group of us volunteered at the Ribbon Walk at Haddon Hall and this year we have pledged to volunteer once again at Harewood House, West Yorkshire.

If any of you have never done anything like this before but would like to get involved then please jump in - you will not regret it!

I’d never experienced anything like this so was nervous to say the least - we arrived at around 7am and were given our roles for the day. We did a whole host of things including selling merchandise, face-painting, cheering walkers on en-route, marshalling car parks, massaging feet, handing out medals… the list goes on.

We were so well looked after all day and felt needed and appreciated - we had a day that, although tiring, was heartwarming and uplifting.
The tears certainly came at around 7pm when the final walker was helped across the finishing line to our thunderous applause.

I look back on this day proudly and with a huge smile and I hope that this note encourages maybe one of you to join us on 20th June - you will be welcomed by all of the volunteers and all of the wonderful staff at Breast Cancer Care

Please message me or reply to this thread if you think you would like to join in!

“We can do no great things, only small things with great love”

Claire