Risks of not taking Anastrozole

i have been on Anastrozole for 18 months.  I don’t like how I feel so I want to come off it but I want  to know what are the risks of my BC returning if I stop it.  Although my cancer was an aggressive oestrogen receptive type both tumours were under 1cm. I know this sounds completely irrational and I am extremely lucky so does any one know the answer? Please tell me I am idiot or anything similar.

Best discuss with your surgeon/oncologist Nipper as everyone’s individual circumstances are different and the benefits of taking the meds vary quite substantially.You can get an approximate idea of its benefit to you by using the NHS predict tool if you haven’t already done so,but it doesn’t take everything into account including the impact on your health in other ways .With aggressive cancers I think the first couple of years are the most crucial so you may be as well continuing for a while longer if you can face it. Get some advice re your individual circumstances .Jill

Hello dear . 

I spent 8 weeks on letrozole and it made me into a weeping sweating mess, I cried until I screamed, my whole life was in turmoil. I told my oncologist I was stopping the letrozole because if I had such a low quality of life I may as well just take my chances. Tomorrow she will start me on something else, and I will try my very best to tolerate it . But if I decide not to use the hormone blockers my family will all freak out as if it’s my duty to suffer in the name of being there for them. at the end of the day it’s my life. If as a cancer patient I may have only 5years to live then do I really want to spend it in spasms ,cramps,weeping and huge bad tempers…