Rollercoaster ride of emotions

Hi, I find myself in a whole new world and on a rollercoaster like no other. I have never been on a blog/forum before so even this is new. I found my lump at the beginning of November, on 19th November i underwent biopsy and a week later was diagnosed with grade 2 breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy on 22 December. Last Friday it was confirmed that the cancer had not spread to my lymph nodes and was for all in tense and purses removed. I have to see an oncologist in next couple of weeks. I’m 39 and have two children. It’s so hard trying to make sense of everything. It all happens so fast. I know the news could have been a lot worse but I just don’t know how to feel. All I keep doing and wanting to do is cry. I’m sooo tired all the time. My family and friends are amazing but I feel like I have to be strong and smile for them. I’m trying to be strong but it’s really hard. I’m usually an optimistic person who loves life and hates feeling this way.

Sorry not sure where all that came from but just feels good to say it.

Best wishes to you all xx

Hi Anastasia14

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, it’s the right place for good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along soon to help.

In the meantime I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.  Also our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you need to talk to someone in person and in confidence.  0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hello sweetheart,

Like you im on a roller coaster and its scarey and I WANT TO GET OFF! I fully understand and empathise with you. We dont have any choice but to just hold on, one day we will look back on all this trauma and I truly believe that through times like this we become better people. 

Life throws us into turmoil sometimes but from these times we can work out what really matters in life.

Take care,

Lynne xxxx

Hi - am in the same(ish) boat, I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago, had a wide lateral incision and sentinel node biopsy last thursday and saw the consultant yesterday who said she’s recommending chemo because of my age and radiotherapy.  The sentinel nodes were clear and they got all the tumor however they found pre-cancer cells in the margins hence the chemo.  It’s been a bit surreal over the last month and I’m not quite sure what the next few months will bring but it’s scary.

Friends and family have been fantastic, very supportive, think they have me on a call rota but I know I’m being brave for them - and in the down time it hits me for a weepy 5 mins. It’s a strange place we’re living in now and I don’t think there’s a right or wrong way to feel - it just is and being able to say it out loud sometimes is the most important thing.

BTW I’m an optimist too - have started a list on the benefits of chemo already - early menopause and saving VAT on sanitary towels along with shrinking my fibroid and lighter periods are top of my list :slight_smile:

Good luck with the oncologist - I see mine on 23rd hopefully.

K