Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rowing after cancer?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Rowing after cancer?

Hi Maggie1964

I think this is the very start of this project, so it's just in the one location at the moment. But if it's successful I imagine they might look to expand it. They might also know about other similar projects. It's not being run by Breast Cancer Care, so I don't have any more information I'm afraid, but if you take a look at their website or drop them an email I'm sure they'd be able to help.

Highlighted

Sounds like a super initiative.

Highlighted

Would love anything like this in Essex/East London/Kent....do you have a list of current activities I could look into please?
Thanks Maggie
Highlighted

Bumping up

Highlighted

Rowing after cancer?

Quite a lot of people mention getting active after treatment on this forum, so I thought some of you might be interested in this "Row to Health" initiative http://rowtohealth.org/

Row to Health is a partnership between Twickenham Rowing Club and a group of members who would like to offer people recovering from cancer the opportunity to learn to row as a part of their physical recovery.

They're running a free introductory workshop on 7 May at The Mulberry Centre, West Middlesex Hospital. For more information contact adrienne.townsend@themulberrycentre.co.uk or call the centre 020 8321 6300.

For more information about the project generally, you can contact hello@rowtohealth.org