SCACO

It is with such sadness that i am on here to let you know that SCACO passed away peacefully this morning. I am sure you will all join me in sending love & prayers to Karen’s husband, children & family. I know she touched many on here as creator of the Dark Woods Thread, a thread that was a lifeline for many before, through & after treatments, that offered a mixture of love, hope, frienship & humour. Karen you will be so very much missed. RIP lovely lady.xxx

x

I agree with al those sentiments. She was a special person who inspired so many of us to approach our dx with humour and gave us such a platform for support during difficult times.
My love and thoughts and prayers are with her husband and family.
Wandyxx

I was so upset to hear about Karen’s passing this morning and am still in tears now. She was such a wonderfully bright, funny lady with a wicked sense of humour and a tiggerish attitude to life who brought so much ight and laughter into our lives in our dark times through the Dark Woods thread.

Much love to Ian and her children and family - I’m sure they know how much she was loved here. RIP to the one and only SCACO.

Jane xxx

Devastated. I can’t imagine how her family must be feeling. What a horrid, cruel disease this is.

I’m very saddened to hear this shocking news of a wonderful woman taken way too soon.

Oh my god, how on earth has this happened so quickly again to another lady? Rest in peace SCACO, we had some funny chats on here when we were both early days, god bless her and her family, I cannot imagine their day today. Hugs to her close friends on the dark woods.

Vickie
Xxx

I am devastated and it is hard to find words. Just this week Karen’s thoughts were with others, sending texts and thanks to “her woodies,” facing her illness with her customary strength and humour. It is hard to take in this morning’s news.
My thoughts are with her husband, children, family and friends. Sending our sincerest condolences at this tragic loss.
Hugs to all Woodies past and present
Sue (MG) xx

Absolutely do not know what to say I am speechless I cant believe I am reading this it is just so sad. Deepest sympathies to her family and friends they must be devastated by the speed of her passing. This disease is so cruel another lovely lady taken far too soon
RIP SCACO
Jill x

So very sad to read this. Rest in peace SCACO.
Debx

Such sad news, my heart goes out to her family. R.I.P. SCACO

No words to say how I feel reading this…there’s no justice in this world when this kind of thing happens…RIP SCACO…condolances to her family…really the saddest news I have heard… M

A bright & unique light for ‘Woodies’ old and new . Don’t know what I would’ve done without her. Words fail…

Prayers and strength to her family. R.I.P. SCACO - always a true Lady.

Very very sorry to hear this awful news. So sudden, and very hard to come to terms with. Sincere condolences to her family on their great loss.

SCACO was the first person from this forum that I actually met–coffee at Selfridges in the Bull Ring. I knew it had to be her, because her big smile and amazing personality (and bald head) shone across a busy shopping centre. There will be a SCACO-shaped hole in the lives of all who knew and loved her.
Cheryl

Thank you for letting everyone know Sarah and please may I add our sincere condolences to Karen’s family and friends from all of us here at BCC, Karen has been an inspirational part of the forums for a long time and we will miss her

Lucy

So very sad to read this news today. Sincere condolences to her family and friends. RIP Karen. x

There are no words. Karen supported me on the run up to my surgery by email last year, she was one truely very special lady, with a fantastic sense of humour.
Thank you Karen you will never know how much you helped me through a very dark place last year. My sincere condolences to her family and friends xx

Not many things make me swear, but this did… b*gger x a large number (apologies to anyone who thinks religious professionals should never, ever swear). I have no words to offer that can soften any of this even for myself.

SCACO and I swapped a few PMs and she was always so feisty, fun and positive. I know she loved the image of the ‘Land of NED’ and hoped to live in it, as we all do. She also knew, as we all do , the shadow is always there. It is hard to believe that she heard the news of her secondaries whilst on holiday, and now will never post again.

We may not of have busted you out of stalag luft, dear SCACO, but I pray you are now free from suffering and at peace. RIP Karen, and sincere condolences to your family and friends.

One very sad RevCat.

very sad news

RIP SCACO thoughts and prayers to your family, friends and BCC buds xxx