cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCACO

71 REPLIES 71
Terri52

Re: SCACO

Shar, what you have said is beautiful and sums up everything about Scaco and her contribution to the forum and its followers. For me she kept me going with her "antics” in the woods when I was experiencing some very dark times during my chemo. So, we raise her 2 fingered salute even higher to this disease and long shall she remain in our memories. RIP SCACO this forum will not be the same without you.T X

silvershar

So true Terri, and we together with Sue will remember her when we meet on Wednesday and join together with a toast for our SCACO - I thought of SCACO the other day cos I am waiting again for results and have another CT scan and I have a check list she wrote me that I will keep for always as though it applied to the bc, it can be applied in life for other things too and that is her legacy and I send my heartfelt thoughts and love to her husband family and friends. xxxxx

silvershar

I could not believe what I was hearing when I got the news yesterday, I have only just come back on line feel so bad that not been on line sooner, this website was my lifeline last year when I went through chemo and SCACO's way to the woods was a blessing, introduced to my by Choccie and it was and is a beautiful place to escape to and the thing SCACO said, (wrote to me) through step, especially when waiting for results, I thank you an raise my glass and the 2 fingured salute like everyone else to this horrible disease that has no logic or meaning but thank you SCACO for all you did for all of us, God bless you xxxxxxxxx

RoadRunner

Another one gone too soon. So sad.

Welsh_girl

Such very sad news to read.
Condolences to her family and friends, here and at home.

Welsh girlx

sheil

So so so so sorry to hear about SCACO. She was a 'star' on this site when I started and so funny and positive. I loved her Jordan photo, her gutsy attitude made me think this isn't so bad after all. But there you go, it really is. I hoped to come back from holiday to hear that even if she had secondaries, she'd be one of those who'd probably live with them for years and years and then some. I loved the Woods thread even though I could never keep up with it. Really hard to take in, and my thoughts are with her family.

lucinda

So sorry to read this sad news.Rip Karen and sleep tight lovely lady.
My thoughts are with her family.

L xx

lizzie148

I was so sad to read the news about SCACO. She helped to put a smile back on my face when I thought I would never smile again and I'll always remember her for that. My thoughts are with her family.
Rest in peace SCACO.
Lizzie xx

ragamuffin

Disbelief, shock, and overwhelming sadness are the emotions I feel by reading the news of SCACO's death.
Karen, with The Dark Woods thread you have left a wonderful legacy and many many friends who will never forget you.
My condolences to Karen's family, her zest for life and sense of humour shone through everything, I'm sorry she had such a tough time at the end. Now she is at peace and pain free.
Love from Diana xx

DJ007

So sad - words fail me.

Biff

I can't believe another lovely lady has been taken from us. The woods were the first place I visited when I had started my treatment and I ventured in everyday.
Karen/SCACO you will be sorely missed by all who knew you.
My thoughts are with your family at this very sad time.
RIP - living amongst the angels now xxxx

Rawlie

Really shocked and saddened to hear this news. RIP SCACO. xxx

tillybob

So Sad, this lady touched so many of our lives, RIP xx

Ninja

I was very shocked to hear of Karen's passing - like Aly, she seemed to be taken so quickly when things got bad.

I used to visit the Woods every day when I was in the midst of treatments and we all used to have a giggle together and it got us through all the dark days.

Big drinks tonight in the Jingling Merkin - glasses raised to SCaCO.

mazbaz

Not been on this site for quite a while. Have just logged on to find that Scaco is no longer with us. I am devestated by this news. I just can't believe that we have lost her.
scaco - i never met you , but your thread kept me sane through some very bleak times of my life. RIP scaco - god bless x x x
Mazbaz

Gerbera

So very shocked and sad to hear this sad news. Rest in peace SCACO. Sincere condolences to your family and friends, my heart goes out to them. x

Marym17

I discovered this forum almost by accident at the beginning of last year when my journey was just beginning and Karen's Dark Woods thread saved my sanity,was a source of information and reassured me there was a way out of the woods- and for me,so far, there seems to have been a happy ending.
My thoughts tonight are with her family and friends and I feel sad she has been taken from them
Scaco- God Bless x x x x

alimbutt

so so sad. thank you for being there for me. you are a true inspiration. love alsison xx

NannieSpiky

So shocked and saddened to hear this. Another angel taken too soon.
Sincere condolences to Karen's family. Sleep peacefully lovely lady.

dancing_girl

I am so shocked and saddened. I rarely posted on the 'woods' thread but I always read and enjoyed it. I also met Scaco when a few of us met in Birmingham - with an assortment of wigs and scarves. She was such a lively vibrant YOUNG woman. My sincere condolences to her family. I'm not much of a swearer, but this really makes me want to swear -it is just so unfair.

Crabbit

Very sad to read this RIP. xxx

lostinfrance

As one of the first people into the woods with SCACO I have fond memories....we got through the woods and out the otherside and now she is in the place where the nasties can no longer get to torment her and there will be no more dark scary places to go.....xxx

El_Katrano

Just heard about Karen/Scaco via ninja who I'm friends with on FB. Karen pm'd me a few times and we spoke via forums. Her dark woods/bench land threads helped a lot! I'm reAlly upset to see another one of our group go.... Aly/eltiks hasn't eveherds her funeral yet, this is aLl too much.
Im so sorry to hear this and her poor famIly and children. Another great spark gone. We will all miss her, she had a great spirit.
Xxxxx

GingerLaces

Just don't know what to say only that am devastated to read of Karen's passing. Condolonces to all her family and friends. Don't come on here very often as site is too complicated so shocked to hear the news. Karen was diagnosed at a similar time to me and her contributions to this site helped me no end. RIP lovely lady hope you are now at peace but you will never be forgotten SCACO! Adi x

moondog

Goodnight SCACO, rest in peace sweetheart xxxx

harp1970

Everyone has said it all. It's so sad. I hope she rests in peace now xxxx

SadieL

Stars shining extra bright tonight.
Hugs to her family.
Sadie Xx Xx

sarahlousie

SCACO I cant believe it!!! I am in shock!!! I left these boards a while ago due to the site not working very well and other frustrations, just poped on and found this, why do all the good people die? SCACO was a rock for me when I was first dx and helped me through my own primary and secondary diagnoses, I am so so very saddened to hear about her passing I didn't even know she had secondaries! she will be sorely missed, SCACO you are with the angels in heaven you always were and will forever be a shining light, Love and sympathies for your family and friends xxxxxxxx
supertrouper

I am so sad, and so angry that I can't put into works just how I am feeling at the moment.
It's not fair that lovely people like Karen should be taken from their loving families.
I will always remember her and how her thread "standing outside the dark dark woods" helped me through my battle with breast cancer last year. Once a woodie - always a woodie
Farewell Staycalmandcarryon

Lisa_x

God bless Karen, sleep tight lovely lady xxxx

Kittyqueen

So very very sorry to read about SCACO....I. Only read the Dark Woods thread a couple of weeks ago but thought it was fabulous .

lottie63

Just so sad ... I absolutely hate this bl**dy disease , another wonderful lady taken far too soon, love to her family & all her friends here on BCC, god bless

xx

belfor21

Very sad sad news, sending my condolences to her family,RIP xx

laura64

rip scaco another poor lady took to soon xx

katytc

Terribly, terribly sad, condolences to family and friends, RIP SCACO xx

foxyferret

So sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to her family and friends.

RIP, SCACO.
JCJ

So sad. So sudden. But at least SCACO didn't suffer the awful pain for too long, and her loved ones didn't have to see prolonged suffering. She is at peace now. I hope all her family and friends can remember her with humour so her spirit lives on. I too will think of her when I hear that phrase, even though I have only been a lurker in the woods.
mangochutney

So, so sad to read this awful news.
I remember coming across SCACO's thread when I very first joined the forum, when I had just been told I would need chemo and Herceptin and realised I had a LONG journey ahead.
Her thread was so refreshing and uplifting, and gave so many of us the "strength to carry on".
My heart goes out to her family.
RIP
Mandy xx

NIM41

Taken so quickly, deeply sad. We will stay calm and carry on. Somehow those words will always make me think of SCACO and her dark woods.
Thoughts are with the family and loved ones xx

GIJaneH

I have just heard the devastating news.... tears flow... The WOods and Karen were truly a lifeline last year, and she was a beacon of hope, courage and humour. Positive Thinking seldom deserted her... there are too many lovely ladies being whipped away from us
Karen - thank you. Be at peace and out of pain. Know that you made a difference to more people than you could ever imagine..

We miss you. We want you to be happy. You will never be forgotten

all our thoughts are with your familiy..
Thank you SCACO... we salute you...
Jane

dib

So very sad,Damn this awful disease,RIP SCACO.xxxx

janipi

A bright star shining above the woods. So sad for you family and friends. xxxx

triphazard99

God Speed Scaco, I have no words to say how devastated I am to hear that you have left the woods for the last time. My condolences to your lovely family - rest easy now - clear skies and sunrises from here on in, no more dark woods for you. We'll meet again one day, I know, so prop up the bar and pitch those yurts, keep NE away but have PB ready and waiting, please. xxxx

hjv123

Words fail me, another beautiful lady gone too soon. Rest in peace SCACO xx

Ali_H

SCACO was kindness itself when I joined this forum just a few weeks ago, what a lovely lady and such a sad loss. RIP xx
glowormdancer

I'm so shocked and sad at the news of SCACOs passing.
another light lost - but will not be forgotten.
My condolences to all her family and friends.

Glo

Jay66

So so sad to read this awful news..
My thoughts are with Karens family and friends..
RIP SCACO
Jay X

scottishlass

I am so sad to read this news. We will just have to try and "Stay Calm and Carry On"" and whenever I see these words I will think of Karen. Thinking of her family and friends at this sad time. Another young life taken far too soon. God bless. V

stressy_messy

Such sad news.My thoughts are with Karen's family and friends.
RIP SCACO xx God bless xx
melx

cornishgirl

Am so shocked and sad to read this news , my heart gos out to Karens family and friends at this very sad and difficult time, god bless you SCACO, you will be sadly missed by many on these forums.
Linda xx