Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECOND WIG ON NHS ?

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: SECOND WIG ON NHS ?

Hi - when I needed a second wig as first one was wearing out - was told that I had to pay half the cost - approx £50. This is in Derby, so maybe different in different areas of the country. Best of luck anyway.

Jean xx

ruffyp

thanks margaretc ,will look into it. Hope all going well for you

Guest user
Not applicable

There are several people who have organised "wig loans" Sorry I dont have the addresses or websites. I think I found them through the "Amoena" magazine.

ruffyp

thanks Jules/will make an appointment at wig clinic tomorrow . having had this one 5 months, trying to get it dry overnight will not be as good as winter approaches, Even my airing cupboard is getting sick if the sight of it!

Guest user
Not applicable

Nearly corect. you should ask after a month reason being so you can wash wig no.1. You are entitled to 2 ayear. This seems in my area Essex, to be a closely guarded secret. If you get any problems with your appliance dept, notify PALS (they are usually located in the hospital). It is your right.

Jules

ruffyp

SECOND WIG ON NHS ?

HAD HEARD THAT YOU CAN GET A SECOND WIG ON NHS AFTER 6 MONTHS , BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW ABOUT IT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT?
WHAT A MORALE BOOST IT WOULD BE TO HAVE A CHANGE OF HAIR STYLE