cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEROMA... when will it go? im desperate,,

7 REPLIES 7
muffett

Re: SEROMA... when will it go? im desperate,,

Hi I had Seroma really bad! I could hardly breath, I went to A and E They drained it immediately then sent me home with a drain fitted under my arm for nearly 3 weeks, drastic I know but touch wood that was 15 months ago, not had it snce although do have lymphodema..
I must add I live in Spain so treatment is a little different here!
Good luck x

KittieKat

Hi Donna

I had MX and full node removal, and like you had a seroma afterwards. Mine looked like I was growing a new breast, and gave me a nice little cleavage. I had it drained but it just came back again. I was told that it was best not to keep draining it, as each draining increased the risk of infection.

It was mostly soft and squishy, but I thought that it had a hard edge to it. It eventually turned out that the hard edge was my rib!

I was madly panicked by it, and worried that it would never get better, but it did eventually go on its own. I can't remember exactly when, but I know that it had gone by the time I started chemo, so was gone by about 6 weeks after the MX.

If you're seeing your surgeon on Tuesday he may well drain it if it's really uncomfortable.

Hope that helps a bit.

Lucy_BCC

Donna_P

Thankyou ladies,

can i ask, did the whole of your bust area swell up? and was it hard?
im getting worried now, when im lying down it looks like i still have a boob there, and when im standing i have a small cleavage,,

i just need reasuring really that its all normal

thanks again
Donna
xx

bellaboo

Hi Donna
I haven't got an answer, just sympathising with you. I have a seroma too, had 20 lymph nodes taken out on June 7th, no drains and seroma came up a week later. I had it drained twice last week getting about 125 ml of fluid out each time. Saw surgeon and BN on monday and was advised to try and leave it cos it will only fill up again. I am persevering with it and find that it seems better in the morning, gravity seems to make it worse! I just think it will eventually go on its own. I have heard on this forum about ladies still having them a year later. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Phil xx

kika

yes i had seroma and although my district nurse and the hosp were unwilling to drain,when i went for my appointment with the surgeon after op he drained there and then,that was 7 weeks ago and no problems since.i would ask for it to be drained,it doesnt hurt but makes a horrible sound.

Donna_P

forgot to say im due to see my surgeon on tuesday.

Donna_P

SEROMA... when will it go? im desperate,,

Hello ladies,

can any one help me?
I had RT MX and ANC 2 weeks ago,, about a week ago seroma apperared and to be honest i could cope with it for the first couple of days, then on tuesday it was so swollen and hard i called my BCN who told me that my surgeon does not like to drain it of as it can fill back up and cause infection,,,i did think it was starting to go down on the tuesday night, but oh boy no,, and today its just as bad,

so my question is... is this normal,, had anyone else had bad seroma and what did you do?

my scar is healing lovely and i have no redness or signs of infection.

thankyou so much

Donna
xx